CB D’yoni Hill commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Do you mean overall or in terms of lateral quickness?
I’ll say this before dishing out criticism of his game:

I didn’t see him much in high school. Guys can play pretty stiff (pause) when they first get on the field in college because they’re probably thinking too much

Should leave this speculation to people like Memnon I suppose but maybe Stafford steps up this year to play nickel? Maybe not right away but I really like that kid
Ideally, Stafford would be the best at Nickel. However, I'm not sure the staff thinks so.

DBrown played some at Nickel last season, he wasn't really great at it, he wasn't really great at Boundary/LCB either, but based on the Spring campaigns I would say they seem hellbent on playing him so they'll have to put him somewhere.

Nickel Corner has been a conundrum for me to project (which is why I haven't) all Spring. Because Powell has been the Nickel thus far, but he's better off at FS.

But the STAR/NCB I would imagine comes down to who they feel most comfortable in covering the Slot on a consistent basis. I have no idea what their process is & how they go about putting together depth charts & rotations, but if it's strictly based on a merit & ability, then there's only 1 or 2 that are best suited for that spot.

We'll see what happens come Fall.

Advertisement
Want Powell at Safety, but he's the best Nickel option. Which means Harris and Williams are our two starting safeties. I "believe" Harris is up for the task, not sure Williams is... Nickel/Safety and DT were the two spots where I felt we needed 1 more high-end transfer portaler each.
Exactly why I wanted miami to really push for a starting caliber safety in the portal. That's the one spot I'm pretty concerned about. Neither starter is proven nor a highly ranked guy so a lot of unknowns. Hopefully they can step up

Ideally, Stafford would be the best at Nickel. However, I'm not sure the staff thinks so.

DBrown played some at Nickel last season, he wasn't really great at it, he wasn't really great at Boundary/LCB either, but based on the Spring campaigns I would say they seem hellbent on playing him so they'll have to put him somewhere.

Nickel Corner has been a conundrum for me to project (which is why I haven't) all Spring. Because Powell has been the Nickel thus far, but he's better off at FS.

But the STAR/NCB I would imagine comes down to who they feel most comfortable in covering the Slot on a consistent basis. I have no idea what their process is & how they go about putting together depth charts & rotations, but if it's strictly based on a merit & ability, then there's only 1 or 2 that are best suited for that spot.

Thanks for this. I don’t have a ton of knowledge about CBs but I’ve been curious as well. I was kind of stuck in the spot of “well between Guidry and Jackson I would think they will figure it out” but pretty clear that Powell playing FS would help out the entire secondary. Always been a huge fan of Stafford so 🤞🏼

I'm very anxious to see Jaden Harris. I know he has the straight line speed you typically want from a FS but he has had so few opportunities that I can't project how he fits as a SS. Any thoughts?

I'm very anxious to see Jaden Harris. I know he has the straight line speed you typically want from a FS but he has had so few opportunities that I can't project how he fits as a SS. Any thoughts?
Guidry didn't like to rotate, he stated as such prior to season and his actions lined up.. if you not a starter you not getting reps unless injury which Harris got a couple games and played well enough.

Advertisement
I don't think he'd be best suited at Rover.

Typically, you want your Rover to be a good Tackler that can come up in run support & play closer to the line of scrimmage. Harris is more of Deep Centerfielder, (actually tbh I still don’t understand why they moved him to FS, he's a natural at CB, but I digress) & he's at his best when he's playing in the Deep 3rd shell with eyes on the QB.

IMHO, Jadais or Damari should probably be playing Strong Safety more than anybody, but obviously not gonna happen.

I don't think he'd be best suited at Rover.

Typically, you want your Rover to be a good Tackler that can come up in run support & play closer to the line of scrimmage. Harris is more of Deep Centerfielder, (actually tbh I still don’t understand why they moved him to FS, he's a natural at CB, but I digress) & he's at his best when he's playing in the Deep 3rd shell with eyes on the QB.

IMHO, Jadais or Damari should probably be playing Strong Safety more than anybody, but obviously not gonna happen.
I saw Jaden play a couple of times in high school and have been on his bandwagon ever since. Shame the way we have completely botched secondary recruiting, feels like guys like Harris can’t find their footing because they’re constantly moving around. Feels a bit like how our OL was for a while but I digress.

Thank the lord for DPJ is all I can say.

Advertisement
Back