Carson Fischer Commit

Advertisement
He is the ace of their staff. Have no problem with this pickup. We need to replace 3 starters, good fit.

MLB scout for the Indians says cutter is his best pitch.

65 grade maybe even a 70 on an MLB 20-80 scale.

Everything else is probably 40-45 grade at best. Upper 80s-91 fastball with poor spin rates. Heavy like a sinker. Average slider.

Probably an upgrade to Chestnutt and better midweek guy at least.

Last edited:
Upgrade on Chestnutt is a positive way to look at it. But this is still very alarming. Maybe he blossoms the next 2 years. But it’s not like he dominated the GLIAC.

Still a lot of time though. Hoping for some good news in the next week.

He is the ace of their staff. Have no problem with this pickup. We need to replace 3 starters, good fit.
You sure he was the ace this season? I think that was 2023. Looks like he didn't start a game this season (2024), but idk of thats accurate bc it also says 2 conplete games.

His WHIP has gotten worse every season. Hits per 9 also gotten worse every season. His walks per 9 and hit batter per 9 were also career lows. Won a career low games this season.

Advertisement
You sure he was the ace this season? I think that was 2023. Looks like he didn't start a game this season (2024), but idk of thats accurate bc it also says 2 conplete games.

His WHIP has gotten worse every season. Hits per 9 also gotten worse every season. His walks per 9 and hit batter per 9 were also career lows. Won a career low games this season.

Seems to be an issue in Baseball Reference's data as far as starts. The school website says he started 13 of 13 games. His starts also line up with the first game of each series.

Seems to be an issue in Baseball Reference's data as far as starts. The school website says he started 13 of 13 games. His starts also line up with the first game of each series.

Davenport is a mediocre D2 at best. If he wasn’t there Friday guy that would be concerning.

I looked at his outings. I will say he pitched against Central Missouri who made the D2 World Series, Nova Southeastern and Ashland who were very good and then Saginaw Valley (2x), Wayne st (2x) and Grand Valley St.

So if there was a strength of schedule for pitchers he'd have a legit rating.

Advertisement
I looked at his outings. I will say he pitched against Central Missouri who made the D2 World Series, Nova Southeastern and Ashland who were very good and then Saginaw Valley (2x), Wayne st (2x) and Grand Valley St.

So if there was a strength of schedule for pitchers he'd have a legit rating.
The hits/9 is alarming.

Thought about looking into his outings to see what was going on and if he's more effective early on or what. With his cutter he might be more effective as a 1-2 inning guy and just fully buy into throwing that and a slider. Not a lot of starters are throwing cutters anyway and if they do they're not pairing it with a 2 seam/sinker. One is a pronation pitch and the other is a supination pitch. It's too easy to differentiate when you see them the 2nd and 3rd time as one is effective up in the zone and the other is effective lower in the zone. You can pitch with a 4 seam up and have success. Think about Mitch Keller and Corbin Burnes... both struggled mightily early in careers because their 4 seam got wrecked and then pivoted to a cutter at a high rate and now the splits against their 4 seam are great and the cutter is unhittable.

Most pitchers pairing a cutter with a sinker are relievers that essentially throw the cutter 80%-90% of the time or more. Kenley Jansen, Jose Alverado, Mark Melancon, etc.

Only outliers I can think of.. that are good starting pitchers are Halladay and Corey Kluber who were basically a cutter/sinker guy most of their careers but had great breaking balls to pair with it and none of their pitches exceeded 50% usage.

If Miami baseball was Florida Gator football, @DMoney would be on podcasts making jokes about the state of the program.

Hired a lame duck HC, worst season in 70 years, lost to both rivals in state, lost 2 of our top 3 hitters to the portal, including one to our bitter rival Gators.

Signing D2 players from the portal. Sad state of affairs in the Gables for a once proud baseball program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back