Canes up to #15 in AP Poll (#19 in coaches)

Advertisement
Interesting day so far....

#4 Kentucky lost to UR OSU [This is Kentucky's 2nd Loss this year]
#5 ISU lost to UR Northern Iowa
#7 Duke lost to UR Utah [This is Duke's 2nd Loss this year]
#12 Villanova lost to #8 UVA [This is Villanova's 2nd Loss this year]
#9 Purdue lost to #17 Butler

If you want to laugh, watch the rankings on Monday. You would expect to see a lot of shake up but I doubt it happens.

Advertisement
I agree. Keep in mind they should, it isn't like we beat them by 10 on a neutral court.
Is it that clear cut that they should? How much more impressive are their wins than ours? And head to head to thoroughly controlled from start to finish.

90.gif

We are at #11 in the CBS Sports poll and Butler is at #12 . There are a few teams in the top 10 that are a little dubious. It may be just me, but I don't see Providence or Xavier coming any where near the Canes. Oklahoma at #3 ...? Watch any Oklahoma game after watching a Canes' game...the speed and athleticism difference in Miami's favor is enormous.

Advertisement
Butler ranked 9th in the new poll, we came in at 13th.
Kentucky with two losses to unranked teams is also above us.
Ok...

Well one thing that should pay off for us later in the seaon is Larry not pouring it on against lesser teams like Ctown and especially Charlotte - for both those games we gave a lot of minutes to the non starters thereby strengthening depth and avoiding injuries to the top 6 or 7. Had we poured it on I think we could have exceeded or came close to 100 which would have a positive effect on current rankings. Whereas by flying low and under the radar we are better positioned with a strong roster for the ACC schedule. With both Duke and UNC somewhat down this year we need to beat Virginia and we'll have an excellent chance to win the ACC outright... and more important the ACC Tourney. Where depth and byes are of utmost importance.

Advertisement
Back