Canes ranked #15 and #19

Advertisement
Preseason Rankings > Actual Results

Does everyone see why they shouldn't rank before January?

Advertisement
We knocked both Butler and Utah out of the polls. They're both right on the cusp, but out.

Advertisement
Honestly, I'm kinda glad we're not in the top 10. Let them keep underrating us, it just makes the chip on the team's shoulders even bigger.

I don't find our ranking a slight, as much as I find dropping Butler and Utah out of the polls because they lost to us as a slight. Utah's still a good team, we just kicked their *** and showed we're better. Butler was on the fringe at 22 so I can kind of understand them dropping out, but I still think Butler getting dropped out so you can add somebody like Texas A&M is bull****.

I know that someone already mentioned it...but they are ranked #9 in the CBS poll which I think is very fair. But that #19 in the coaches' poll is a joke. After all...that poll is a product of the 4 letter network.

The thing that really sticks out in the AP poll are the points that they use for the rankings..Purdue drops off big time after Miami.

Advertisement
We were only receiving 2 votes in the coaches poll before this week, so it's a little harder to climb then in the ap where we were receiving a significant amount.

If this squad had Carolina, Kentucky, Duke or even Georgetown across their jerseys, they'd be top 3. The same somewhat applies, or used to, with Miami football, but opposite. I'll take 15 right now though, I like it. We were an NIT team last year. Let's give em a few more games. Looking out at the schedule, we could go into ACC play unbeaten.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back