Canes #8 in AP poll and #9 in Coaches Poll

Advertisement
I think we should be 8th at least in the AP poll with 3 teams losing in front of us.

I think that someone said jokingly in the other thread that Duke would jump them this week. Un-freakin'-believable!

Duke lost to a head-to-head opponent (Utah) and Indiana is the only good win they have so far.

:stephenahand:

Last edited:
Yeah that Duke ranking is ridiculous. Its a coaches poll though, probably just weird respect for coach K

[]_[] swag;2459448 said:
Yeah that Duke ranking is ridiculous. Its a coaches poll though, probably just weird respect for coach K

They moved from #14 to #6 after a week where they beat Wake Forest and Virginia Tech. What a joke.

Advertisement
Duke shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. But, they were already ahead of us in the Coaches Poll last week at #10 . They're still behind us in the AP poll.

The Coaches Poll is a joke anyways. They don't even have SMU ranked.

[]_[] swag;2459448 said:

They moved from #14 to #6 after a week where they beat Wake Forest and Virginia Tech. What a joke.
They were 10 last week in the coaches... they moved from 10 to 6. If you are going to cry about stuff at least get the tears out of your eyes long enough to post the actual facts.

Advertisement
I think that someone said jokingly in the other thread that Duke would jump them this week. Un-freakin'-believable!

Duke lost to a head-to-head opponent (Utah) and Indiana is the only good win they have so far.

:stephenahand:

It was me and are you shocked?

[]_[] swag;2459448 said:

They were 10 last week in the coaches... they moved from 10 to 6. If you are going to cry about stuff at least get the tears out of your eyes long enough to post the actual facts.
Ok, I read the wrong number...I guess I'm not perfect. But as I said in the other thread explain how Duke moves up 4 spots and UM 2 based upon the weeks that both teams had.

Win at Virginia and everything else will follow. In the voters' defense, we haven't played a true road game yet in a hostile environment, so I can understand the wait-and-see approach to Miami.

Advertisement
Duke shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. But, they were already ahead of us in the Coaches Poll last week at #10 . They're still behind us in the AP poll.

The Coaches Poll is a joke anyways. They don't even have SMU ranked.

SMU is ineligible to be voted for in the coaches poll.

[]_[] swag;2459448 said:

Ok, I read the wrong number...I guess I'm not perfect. But as I said in the other thread explain how Duke moves up 4 spots and UM 2 based upon the weeks that both teams had.

4 teams lost and we both moved ahead of those 4 teams. That is how Duke moved up 4 spots. We also got jumped by Xavier and Villanova this week. That is why we only moved up 2 spots. We have been very close in points to Nova and Xavier the last 2 weeks so its not like its out of the question that we were up a few points last week and they are up a few this week.

See there are logical reasons for everything.

[]_[] swag;2459448 said:

4 teams lost and we both moved ahead of those 4 teams. That is how Duke moved up 4 spots. We also got jumped by Xavier and Villanova this week. That is why we only moved up 2 spots. We have been very close in points to Nova and Xavier the last 2 weeks so its not like its out of the question that we were up a few points last week and they are up a few this week.

So with that explanation, you are missing how Duke's two wins this last week have been way overvalued. Nova and Xavier both jump UM, but Duke moves up four coming off of wins over two mediocre teams. So what the polls voters are saying is that wins over both WF and VT have more value than wins over Syracuse and FSU. That is a joke. As one person said...that's the old boy network giving Coach K a pass.

Advertisement

So with that explanation, you are missing how Duke's two wins this last week have been way overvalued. Nova and Xavier both jump UM, but Duke moves up four coming off of wins over two mediocre teams. So what the polls voters are saying is that wins over both WF and VT have more value than wins over Syracuse and FSU. That is a joke. As one person said...that's the old boy network giving Coach K a pass.

No one is over valuing Dukes wins. Did you miss the simple explanation that 4 teams ahead of them lost? Do you also not understand that typically voters evaluate this stuff on a team by team basis. Just because 4 teams lose that doesnt mean the whole entire country moves up 4 spots. Are you following this simple logic?

Wins over FSU and syracuse are just about equal to wins over WF and Vtech. Literally all 4 teams are 10 win teams right now and looking like nothing special. And in case you forgot (since you already have) Duke was already ahead of us in the AP.

Its becoming pretty obvious at this point that you are just a Duke hater.

No one is over valuing Dukes wins. Did you miss the simple explanation that 4 teams ahead of them lost? Do you also not understand that typically voters evaluate this stuff on a team by team basis. Just because 4 teams lose that doesnt mean the whole entire country moves up 4 spots. Are you following this simple logic?

Wins over FSU and syracuse are just about equal to wins over WF and Vtech. Literally all 4 teams are 10 win teams right now and looking like nothing special. And in case you forgot (since you already have) Duke was already ahead of us in the AP.

Its becoming pretty obvious at this point that you are just a Duke hater.

I am a Duke hater. Watch the last 10 min. of any close game that Duke is playing and they will either make a basket or be on the foul line every possession. They get the benefit of EVERY close call, EVERY game. And then look at things like the coaches poll...the AP has it somewhat correct, but the coaches poll putting Duke ahead of UM is an absolute joke. They have one quality win (Indiana) and two losses one of which is to Utah...who UM obviously beat by double figures. UM has two wins over teams that were in the top 25 at the time of the game. Duke has zero wins over top 25 teams.

Advertisement
Back