Can we officially put the Jaquan Newton experiment to rest?

Advertisement
Lets not be too hard on him. He has limited skills and has not improved since his freshman year. Some blame for that should be on the staff

Was pretty obvious that Lykes was going to take his spot at some point. That being said, he's way more valuable off the bench moving forward.

Advertisement
Quan isn't a starting PG in this system, because he isn't an efficient distributor. He is at his best coming off the bench as an instant offense guy that can provide huge minutes and production. That's a valuable skillset and L will utilize it as best he can.

Lets not be too hard on him. He has limited skills and has not improved since his freshman year. Some blame for that should be on the staff

I blame this entirely on him. He's been suspended twice for 3 games by our staff for not adhering to team rules. He didn't start to care until a few months before this year, and that's not enough time to change everything around.

I don't know how you can say he has improved when he has likely lost his starting job as a senior but your entitled. Doesn;t make him a bad guy and IMO the staff is partially responsible just like they are partially responsible for the rise of Huell during the off season. He was a big "get" for us and may have helped pave the way for the team we are currently watching. I wish him well and hope he can give us some quality minutes the rest of the season.

Quan isn't a starting PG in this system, because he isn't an efficient distributor. He is at his best coming off the bench as an instant offense guy that can provide huge minutes and production. That's a valuable skillset and L will utilize it as best he can.

Hopefully he's cool with this and keeps a good attitude and effort. He was a killer in this role for a stretch a couple years ago.

Advertisement
With all the criticism of Newton and al ot of it deserved. The team needs him in order to have a successful season.

Fact is Newton has been the steadying influence (and leading scorer) in a number of our wins this year. So, gotta hope he accepts any diminished role positively. Same with Lonnie if his minutes decrease.

Fact is Newton has been the steadying influence (and leading scorer) in a number of our wins this year. So, gotta hope he accepts any diminished role positively. Same with Lonnie if his minutes decrease.

A post of reason. I would hardly call a player that has been a pivotal part of this program for 3 plus years now an "experiment".

Advertisement
Back