Cam Ward Film Review

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not saying he will become him, but on Saturday, his style was reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers.

The way he sets up his own pocket, the way he changes the field structure by climbing and moving laterally across the pocket, and the way he can flick the ball from multiple angles with or without his feet set...

I know we'll have to experience some of the consequences of his anticipation/risks, but it should be worth it!

I'm not saying he will become him, but on Saturday, his style was reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers.

The way he sets up his own pocket, the way he changes the field structure by climbing and moving laterally across the pocket, and the way he can flick the ball from multiple angles with or without his feet set...

I know we'll have to experience some of the consequences of his anticipation/risks, but it should be worth it!
His throwing base and mechanics are eerily similar

I love that Restrepo pointed out the corner blitz, and Ward is cool enough to give X a thumbs-up before the snap. In a different world, these 2 play football together for years.

Who in the world is so calm as to give a thumbs up a few seconds before a snap?
This highlight film was as much about the receivers too. X. Arroyo. Horton. It was hard to tell how difficult those catches were during the game

Also anyone that thinks Dawson is a bad OC is off their asses

it was elite improvisation, and i have a very hard time conjuring up a comparison that doesnt sound hyperbolic. there was some rodgers, some stafford, some mahomes and some caleb williams in there

Advertisement

Style wise he’s like a mixture of russell wilson and rodgers, Jordan love is probably the closest style wise in the league currently

If he can stay on schedule consistently, dont bail the pocket too often unless needed he will be a franchise qb at the next level. Just gotta keep building good habits

I love that Restrepo pointed out the corner blitz, and Ward is cool enough to give X a thumbs-up before the snap. In a different world, these 2 play football together for years.

Who in the world is so calm as to give a thumbs up a few seconds before a snap?
I saw that live during the game and asked myself when was the last time we had a QB who had so much control before the snap!

This highlight film was as much about the receivers too. X. Arroyo. Horton. It was hard to tell how difficult those catches were during the game

Also anyone that thinks Dawson is a bad OC is off their asses
I was at the stadium giddy because I have mentioned all offseason that Dawson need to pay dolphins a visit.. Seeing exit/cheetah motion added, shifts and motions, Swing the back out with TE lead, even the Fletcher TD run where player go in motion one way and Sam Brown as WR comes back the other as lead blocker are ALL staples of what McDaniel does and did With 9ers (so I know you are familiar with shanahan stuff)

That showed alot, the options available, the rpos, etc. Mario talked about evolving and adding to the offense and I was looking for this stuff. Just that alone could make a man cry. You know how many YEARSSSSSS we been asking for this stuff and bro style idiots had are program dying?! I gotta go to wez and bump the spread thread actually..

I was at the stadium giddy because I have mentioned all offseason that Dawson need to pay dolphins a visit.. Seeing exit/cheetah motion added, shifts and motions, Swing the back out with TE lead, even the Fletcher TD run where player go in motion one way and Sam Brown as WR comes back the other as lead blocker are ALL staples of what McDaniel does and did With 9ers (so I know you are familiar with shanahan stuff)

That showed alot, the options available, the rpos, etc. Mario talked about evolving and adding to the offense and I was looking for this stuff. Just that alone could make a man cry. You know how many YEARSSSSSS we been asking for this stuff and bro style idiots had are program dying?! I gotta go to wez and bump the spread thread actually..
That’s awesome because Daniel literally mentions the dolphins in the video

Every time I watch breakdowns like this I’m like hot **** I’ll just stfu and sit in my corner 😂

Advertisement

Pretty sure that was who he compared himself to or who he said he emulated his game after when asked in interview recently before the season.

I thought it was interesting that as well as Cam Ward played, it's clear that he left some stuff on the table as well. There's room for this team to get even better once Cam becomes more familiar with the reads. As good as this offense played, it hasn't even scratched the ceiling yet.

Advertisement

Would you draft Aaron Rodgers in FFL??

I saw that live during the game and asked myself when was the last time we had a QB who had so much control before the snap!
Also, how did X know it was going to be a corner blitz? Was the safety originally lined too far to his side tipping off the blitz?

Great recognition by both players.

Can we petition for another year for both of these guys?

Also, how did X know it was going to be a corner blitz? Was the safety originally lined too far to his side tipping off the blitz?

X had to see the corners eyes! Because that safety was so far away from the action before the snap. The safety actually turned his back and took a read step as if he was goin to run to the Middle 3rd! The thing that impressed me was how Cam waited to acknowledge X at the last minute so that Florida can tip their hands.

Cam did this several times Saturday. We haven't seen this type of command from the QB spot in years. It hurts my stomach to type that!

It’s the alignment. The corner tipped it some, but when he’s pressed like that and he’s on the boundary, with the other corner on the field playing off, it’s a tell that they’re going to run a cat blitz. It’s really just 2 smart players who have played a ton of ball being very intelligent and communicating. That was taking cookies. Too easy. But it’s all recognized presnap.

Advertisement
Back