Cam Ward discusses multisport background and how it helped him become a great QB

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I had the privilege of sitting down with Cam Ward for a 30-minute, wide-ranging interview on his journey to Miami. This is part of a series called “Storm Sessions,” which will be running every Wednesday with some of the top student-athletes at Miami. I appreciate all who have supported us by tuning in. You can subscribe by clicking on the following links:

YouTube
Apple Music
Spotify

One topic that we discussed is Cam’s multisport background and how it impacted him as a...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
The people who only want these kids to specialize in one sport not gonna like this.
The amount of high level professional athletes who are world famous for playing a sport that is not their first love would blow some people’s minds. They just so happened to be much better at something else than the sport they love so the rode the wave.

Last edited:
The people who only want these kids to specialize in one sport not gonna like this.

I once heard an interview with the late great Bill Walsh who was on his second coaching stint at Stanford. He said he loved to recruit from small programs and/or towns because they were inclined to play multiple sports, which would them develop into better overall and competitive athlete. I think Jimmy and Butch had similar philosophies.

Advertisement
It's really a dumb way to raise kids...have them play and be passionate about as many sports/worthy pursuits as possible! Then later figure out how to narrow it down.

Advertisement
QB's that play Baseball in little league & High School always have stronger arms.
NFL scouting departments should really invest in buying up these like databases of youth sports (not just football) stat trackers, like Hudl+maxpreps and standardize everything. Control all that info, add on college and pff (and other providers) stats, combine results, coaching history + NFL contract history tagged to each player, and create their own giant *** AI prediction black box.... Too long term of a play though. Would be cool.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back