Californa quarterback Fernando Mendoza respects Miami as a team

View as article

Trinton Breeze

Freshman
Premium
At ACC Media Day, California quarterback Fernando Mendoza, a graduate of Christopher Columbus (Miami), expressed deep admiration for the Hurricanes, highlighting his respect for the program and Mario Cristobal.

Mendoza will never throw the U down, has a soft spot for Miami

"I know in the past we had a couple of photoshoots... and someone told me to hold the spear and pretend to break it or put the upside down U. I will never do any of that stuff. I pay respect to Miami. I know people...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
IMG_7268.gif

I hope Mendoza overlooks, and forgives us for Danny Miaz's indiscretions...he ain't here no more. Does Cal play Duke?

Advertisement
At ACC Media Day, California quarterback Fernando Mendoza, a graduate of Christopher Columbus (Miami), expressed deep admiration for the Hurricanes, highlighting his respect for the program and Mario Cristobal.

Mendoza will never throw the U down, has a soft spot for Miami

"I know in the past we had a couple of photoshoots... and someone told me to hold the spear and pretend to break it or put the upside down U. I will never do any of that stuff. I pay respect to Miami. I know people do like the peace sign now for USC, or break the spear, or upside down U, but that is something that I'll never do just because of the respect."

Mendoza's recruitment from Miami out of high school

"My senior year, I had football camp... I went to Miami, and I remember after the camp, I was seeing if there was any interest. They said, 'Hey, we might take you as a walk-on or might consider you as a walk-on.' It lit a fire under me. I was sad, and then I came to a realization: I'm not going to be a Miami football player, but it wasn't God's path for me."

You can check out more on the video below

Through four games, Mendoza has passed for passing yards and thrown five touchdowns with two interceptions.

All That disrespecting your home area is pretty much a shot at you . I remember when cook and bridgewater did that **** . 😡

Advertisement
Back