Burgess Owens

Advertisement
Burgess Owens was great to watch as a college player and in the pros. He also was a great student. He also is in the Miami Hurricane Hall of Fame and absolutely deserves to be there.

Hurricane Hall
Burgess was a great student. My dad taught in the business school and had Burgess as a student in one of his classes. I remember he saying Burgess was a good student and one of the smarter football players that had been one of his students.

Thanks for the great info: caneinorlando, Matador, hotshot AND others.

It's kinda fascinating how those completely forgettable teams--- with the most god-awful coaching ever (much worse, in my opinion, than the coaches from 2004 through 2015) had much higher top end players than most of our recent past teams.

It is a wee small argument (on one of the sides) in the debate of whether the coaches since our downturn haven't developed players, VERSUS if they simply recruited/attracted the wrong players.

It's hard to imaging any of (please forgive misspelling names or forgetting names): Pete Elliott, Carl Selmer, Fran Curci, etc. could have been superb developers of talent. That list of NFL stars (most of which I rooted against, at the time, because they weren't Dolphins) is downright amazing.

I remember hating the fact the those grotesque cheaters from Oakland we're winning huge with UM players.

caneinorlando... For anyone to offer praise that they would be even mentioned with Bennie and Sean (Marion, Phillips, and Williams maybe should be on the list of alltimers, but Reed is definitely missing!) is high praise, even if it is perhaps hyperbole.

dsddcane... I hope whether you agree or disagree with his beliefs, you're proud he worked hard and represented the U in the league---- and your very, very, very proud he got the **** of of FSboo-hoo territory!!

Advertisement
I can confirm that lurk and I are in fact - not the same person.
I can confirm that lurk and I are in fact - not the same person.

Oh wait!!!!

:-)

Actually, unless RVA is an old guy that has a throbbing prostrate, I AM THE REAL LURK.

To which, I assure you, RVA is logically quite pleased.

He's welcome to join me for a tailgate so I can also prove (more than likely) we're not even identical twins separated at birth. We can Livestream it for big bucks.

Thanks for the great info: caneinorlando, Matador, hotshot AND others.

It's kinda fascinating how those completely forgettable teams--- with the most god-awful coaching ever (much worse, in my opinion, than the coaches from 2004 through 2015) had much higher top end players than most of our recent past teams.

It is a wee small argument (on one of the sides) in the debate of whether the coaches since our downturn haven't developed players, VERSUS if they simply recruited/attracted the wrong players.

It's hard to imaging any of (please forgive misspelling names or forgetting names): Pete Elliott, Carl Selmer, Fran Curci, etc. could have been superb developers of talent. That list of NFL stars (most of which I rooted against, at the time, because they weren't Dolphins) is downright amazing.

I remember hating the fact the those grotesque cheaters from Oakland we're winning huge with UM players.

caneinorlando... For anyone to offer praise that they would be even mentioned with Bennie and Sean (Marion, Phillips, and Williams maybe should be on the list of alltimers, but Reed is definitely missing!) is high praise, even if it is perhaps hyperbole.

dsddcane... I hope whether you agree or disagree with his beliefs, you're proud he worked hard and represented the U in the league---- and your very, very, very proud he got the **** of of FSboo-hoo territory!!
For me it's not if I agree or disagree. For me I respect him as a man and for anyone who understands Burgess y'all would know he'll always have his own beliefs. Deeply rooted ones at that.

For me it's not if I agree or disagree. For me I respect him as a man and for anyone who understands Burgess y'all would know he'll always have his own beliefs. Deeply rooted ones at that.

Excellent. That's the way it ought to be.

I'm personally open to good ideas, wherever they come from, and don't believe much of the synopsis I'm provided by others.

If anyone looks past the prepacked narratives, and has landed on a spot different then me, they'll still get total respect from me. Regardless of if it's their chosen religion, etc.

As the pope once said (quoted, but really simply paraphrased), "who am I to judge?"

That said, I still can't believe I'm admitting this, but... I even have friends that are friends dispite the knowledge they root for a football team I HATE! Mainly because none of these friends are d1cks talking krap about the Canes.

Advertisement
Back