Brad Kaaya

Advertisement
Kaayas opportunities on offense are cut down due to the fact of UM's incompetent DC and philosophy. The D forced what a total of maybe 4 punts between the Nebraska and GT games. Teams are controlling the TOP and keeping the O on the sidelines. The kid has the goods. His stats would be even higher if it were not for Doriotos and Folden

If not for the corches he'd have had the luxury of sitting this season out with a red shirt and some stink pink.
The QB issues of injuries and DUIs forced them to start the kid. I don't blame the coaches for that. It is fact that our lousy DC philosophy is forcing the young man to carry this team.

Kid is the truth and is getting over shadowed by Golden's incompetence. He should be getting much more exposure but thanks to Golden and our record he is flying under the radar.

People like to kill Coley but he found the kid and he is not the reason why this team has under performed. The issues fall squarely on Folden and Doritos.

Advertisement
Kaayas opportunities on offense are cut down due to the fact of UM's incompetent DC and philosophy. The D forced what a total of maybe 4 punts between the Nebraska and GT games. Teams are controlling the TOP and keeping the O on the sidelines. The kid has the goods. His stats would be even higher if it were not for Doriotos and Folden

If not for the corches he'd have had the luxury of sitting this season out with a red shirt and some stink pink.
The QB issues of injuries and DUIs forced them to start the kid. I don't blame the coaches for that. It is fact that our lousy DC philosophy is forcing the young man to carry this team.

No. Their inability to identify talent and recruit it at the QB position is why they had to start the kid.

Gray Crow, Preston Dewey, Garrison Lassiter, Some Dude that ended up playing baseball, Baby Jesus that wasn't...etc...etc....

Fvckin Corchin that *** off.

Kaaya is really good. He needs to improve his timing on deep balls (his arm isn't great but timing can make up for that), and of course, needs to avoid stagnating--but that's more on the coaching staff, iMO.

I love the boy, but I also think Ryan showed he's ready to come back and start against V Tech and FSPoo. I like his development, but I dont want him to end the year with 20 interceptions. Hes not ready for them. Ryan finds open recievers with ease.

Yeah thats what you do. You take your starting qb, after he has develop a repertoire with his receivers, and bench him. You must come from the football philosophy where you have linebackers covering wr lol

He doesn't seem to elude pressure all too well. Can't recall many plays this season in which he has extended a play and completed the pass outside the pocket.

Which of our NC QBs did? Vinny did but no NC. Awkward would best describe all of them except maybe Steve. This kid is a pocket passer. Biggest problem is adjusting to snaps in center. If he improves there, he has NFL all over him. I will be a shame to watch him waste another year under this staff. When Duke leaves, Kaaya becomes best player on team.

Advertisement
I love the boy, but I also think Ryan showed he's ready to come back and start against V Tech and FSPoo. Hes not ready for them. Ryan finds open recievers with ease.

kevin.webp

No. Their inability to identify talent and recruit it at the QB position is why they had to start the kid.

Gray Crow, Preston Dewey, Garrison Lassiter, Some Dude that ended up playing baseball, Baby Jesus that wasn't...etc...etc....

Fvckin Corchin that *** off.

Jedd fish a X's and O's guy snagged Dewey..........horrible at recruiting n terrible eye for talent. And dudes want him to be coach lol.

The following quote about the 79 yard pass to Dorsett was posted on State of the U:

“I saw in presnap the safety was low he bit on the run fake; we run the ball a lot out of 22 the safety came up and I knew I had Phillip I knew I was about to get hit so I put some air under it and let Phillip run under it.”

When was the last time we had a QB you even THOUGHT was dissecting a play like this? Anticipating coverage, understanding the correct attach strategy, and then execute with a purpose once the play is in progress. Enjoy what we are seeing, guys.

The following quote about the 79 yard pass to Dorsett was posted on State of the U:

“I saw in presnap the safety was low he bit on the run fake; we run the ball a lot out of 22 the safety came up and I knew I had Phillip I knew I was about to get hit so I put some air under it and let Phillip run under it.”

When was the last time we had a QB you even THOUGHT was dissecting a play like this? Anticipating coverage, understanding the correct attach strategy, and then execute with a purpose once the play is in progress. Enjoy what we are seeing, guys.

This whole post made me laugh...because it's true.

Advertisement

This whole post made me laugh...because it's true.

This whole post made me cry....because it's true.

With Watson out for a month Kaaya should win Rookie acc offensive play of the year easily

Advertisement
Can't wait to see Kaaya when he gets some lower body strength. Dude should be in the squat rack and rocking deadlifts the entire off-season. Wear a weighted vest and work solely on explosiveness. He only needs to be quick within a 10 by 8 yard rectangle. The rest of the QB mobility is overrated. Right now, because he's ONLY a **** True Frosh, he struggles with basic movements like climbing the pocket and sliding. He'll get much stronger and looser. That will help a lot.

True shame he's career will be totally wasted. Kid could lead us to the promised land but with this staff he'll never win more then 7 games.

Exactly. All of those traits (anticipation, touch, processing info, etc.), which we debated when Morris was here, are readily apparent for this guy a solid 1.5 years before anyone would reasonably expect them to be.

Can't wait to see Kaaya when he gets some lower body strength. Dude should be in the squat rack and rocking deadlifts the entire off-season. Wear a weighted vest and work solely on explosiveness. He only needs to be quick within a 10 by 8 yard rectangle. The rest of the QB mobility is overrated. Right now, because he's ONLY a **** True Frosh, he struggles with basic movements like climbing the pocket and sliding. He'll get much stronger and looser. That will help a lot.

^ all of this. Wouldn't be opposed to some dance class too.

Advertisement
Back