Blaming the players

As it stands today, besides Duke, what team on schedule would Miami be favored to beat?

Screenshot_20221001-113733_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
I mean, the low hanging fruit answer is Saban. 6-5 at Michigan State first year. 8-4 first year at LSU...starting 2-2, btw with a loss to UAB during homecoming. 7-6 first year at Alabama with a loss to ULM.

Like, it happens.

You’ve proven my point.

Saban at lsu wasn’t nearly As regarded as Mario and his staff. Besides, lsu had a losing record the prior 2 seasons and they won 8 wins under saban his first year. They won 10 games the next year.

Then at bama, which would be the right comparison, they were 7-6 his first year but one thing people don’t realize is that all their losses were 1 score losses that year. They were a NC contender the following year.

Sorry, we are nowhere near those comparisons. What Mario and staff are doing this year is unprecedented (in a bad way).

You’re seeing it right now with Oklahoma.

Nah, it’s different. They were an 11 win team last year that lost their best player (qb). They have struggled this year. We, otoh, return virtually everyone along with our qb and we are worse than last year’s bad team. It’s one thing to be worse than an 11 win team - it’s a whole ‘nother level of bad to be worse than a sh1tty team.

In my opinion if you’re a jag the difference between the good jags and bad jags isn’t that great
It’s easy to overcome with scheme or effort
The difference between nfl first day 1/2 vs jags is much bigger
Once we have 5-6 first two day level talent
That’s when we’ll be able to comfortably beat bad teams
A team like Clemson can have an off day bc they have a nfl dline
And as the game wears on their talent just starts to overtake them
We’re just not there yet
So as much as it hurts any game is truly a toss up
It was eye opening just to see how avg our guys are nothing not much special or elite talent out there
We’re not talking about Miami vs Duke. Or UVA. We’re talking about mtsu… a team that Duke or uva or app state destroys.

You’ve proven my point.

Saban at lsu wasn’t nearly As regarded as Mario and his staff. Besides, lsu had a losing record the prior 2 seasons and they won 8 wins under saban his first year. They won 10 games the next year.

Then at bama, which would be the right comparison, they were 7-6 his first year but one thing people don’t realize is that all their losses were 1 score losses that year. They were a NC contender the following year.

Sorry, we are nowhere near those comparisons. What Mario and staff are doing this year is unprecedented (in a bad way).

Nah, it’s different. They were an 11 win team last year that lost their best player (qb). They have struggled this year. We, otoh, return virtually everyone along with our qb and we are worse than last year’s bad team. It’s one thing to be worse than an 11 win team - it’s a whole ‘nother level of bad to be worse than a sh1tty team.
You’re moving goal posts it’s ok. You were talking about the hype of the coaching staff. All the media loved the Oklahoma stuff to the same degree if not more than the Miami hires. The truth is it’s too early and we are all arguing over nothing just because.

You’ve proven my point.

Saban also went 2-3 vs ranked teams that year and all 3 losses were by a combined 17 points(3, 7, and 7). One of those ranked teams was the eventual champion LSU team. If our team turns it around and has that kind of year where we are competitive every game and we give Clemson a good fight, the MTSU game can be excused. Right now we don't have that luxury and we've looked terrible all 4 games so far.

Advertisement
Personnel choices and injuries!

100% win both ATM and MSTU with 5 healthy RBs, X, George, Nelson on O.

ATM beat us twice and this has been an on-going issue for 15 years. Let one loss turn into two because "the season is over."

You’re moving goal posts it’s ok. You were talking about the hype of the coaching staff. All the media loved the Oklahoma stuff to the same degree if not more than the Miami hires. The truth is it’s too early and we are all arguing over nothing just because.

Staff hype is only part of the equation. The arguement is hype of the staff plus season disappointment. You have to measure season performance with potential and with what they had been. It’s a simple arguement I’m making - all hype but colossal disappointment.

Can Mario turn it around? I think eventually he will but it won’t be to consistent 10-11 win teams unless he changes his stripes and history says he most likely won’t.

Advertisement
Staff hype is only part of the equation. The arguement is hype of the staff plus season disappointment. You have to measure season performance with potential and with what they had been. It’s a simple arguement I’m making - all hype but colossal disappointment.

Can Mario turn it around? I think eventually he will but it won’t be to consistent 10-11 win teams unless he changes his stripes and history says he most likely won’t.
You don’t think it would be more disappointing if they lose say 4 games than if we lost 5?

You’ve proven my point.

What makes Miami different than 2000 LSU? As if you can differentiate the difference between 5 years of Gerry Dinardo and 5 years of Manny Diaz. They both were left as ****ty shells of a program. Also, Nick Saban doubled his salary making the jump to LSU and was seen as a big move by LSU at the time because they were seen as FINALLY SPENDING BIG for a top coach. At the time he was only the FOURTH head coach that made over a million dollars a year (Bowden, Spurrier, and Fulmer the other three). Its very similar to Miami's situation. We don't know how far off Mario will finish from Saban's 8-4. That's a prediction that a lot of people on this very forum made.

You don’t think it would be more disappointing if they lose say 4 games than if we lost 5?

Can be argued either way i suppose but when you can’t reach an already low bar, that’s pretty bad.

Regardless, it’s like comparing which **** smells worse.

And btw, I’d be thrilled if we only lost 5 games.

If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are in 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.
TheProf is an idiot.TheProf is an idiot.
TheProf is an idiot. TheProf is an idiot.

Advertisement
Do we have culture issues? Yes. Is a kid running to social media after a loss to post a clip an issue? Yes.

Is the culture the reason we're continuously asking players to do things they don't do well? No. Is culture the reason Steele left Ivey on an island to get burned repeatedly even though we have years of film saying that's a bad idea? No. Is culture the reason why our route combinations have terrible spacing? No.

Yes, we have culture issues that need to be fixed. Our coaching issues are a bigger issue because if you don't fix those, you have zero chance of those coaches fixing the culture. Kids are not going to buy into a staff that is not helping them excel on the field. Do you think a single WR is going to buy into a system that puts them in position to fail constantly? No, they won't.
This part ☝🏽☝🏽 kids are not going to buy into a staff that is not helping them excel on the field

Do we have culture issues? Yes. Is a kid running to social media after a loss to post a clip an issue? Yes.

Is the culture the reason we're continuously asking players to do things they don't do well? No. Is culture the reason Steele left Ivey on an island to get burned repeatedly even though we have years of film saying that's a bad idea? No. Is culture the reason why our route combinations have terrible spacing? No.

Yes, we have culture issues that need to be fixed. Our coaching issues are a bigger issue because if you don't fix those, you have zero chance of those coaches fixing the culture. Kids are not going to buy into a staff that is not helping them excel on the field. Do you think a single WR is going to buy into a system that puts them in position to fail constantly? No, they won't.
I blame them more for having ivy on the field. The kid clearly is a liability. He should have hit the portal.

Advertisement
I blame them more for having ivy on the field. The kid clearly is a liability. He should have hit the portal.
We've seen the players behind him log snaps and they've performed no better. CiS, like many fanbases, has this idea that the backups are always better. They usually are not. For every Rousseau out there there's 1,000 other times the backup was no better.

If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are in 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.
you are wrong

Coaches are bad. If you keep blaming TVD you need to get your head checked. TVD is doing what the OC is telling him to do. You see wide open receivers but they aren’t the 1st or 2nd read. You see receivers taking the DBs and putting them next to another receiver running a route. Receivers thinking too much and bad pass protection from running backs. Also why would a coach ever recruit a kid like Parrish when you got rooster. Now they’re both injured bc they can’t handle the work load since they are too thin. There’s a lot of problems right now but I still think we get our heads out of our asses against UNC and we’ll play like we did against A&M.

Advertisement
Back