BIG game tonight!

Advertisement
Tonight makes me very nervous. I would feel much better if UVa was not coming off of two losses in a row.

UM seems to almost always play UVa tough no matter what the situation. As good as UVa was last season, UM should have won that game that went to 2 OT's. It was probably the only time last season that I questioned a coaching decision...UM was up 3 pts at the end of the first OT with only a few seconds left. All they had to do was foul UVa so they would not get a chance to take a 3...they didn't, UVa hit the 3 and it went to the 2nd OT...game over from there.

Tonight makes me very nervous. I would feel much better if UVa was not coming off of two losses in a row.

UM seems to almost always play UVa tough no matter what the situation. As good as UVa was last season, UM should have won that game that went to 2 OT's. It was probably the only time last season that I questioned a coaching decision...UM was up 3 pts at the end of the first OT with only a few seconds left. All they had to do was foul UVa so they would not get a chance to take a 3...they didn't, UVa hit the 3 and it went to the 2nd OT...game over from there.

Coach L should never be questioned! NEVER!!!!

Hopefully big game Angel shows up tonight. We are gonna need a good performance from him if we want to steal this one.

Hopefully Angel just takes more of a facilitator role on for the rest of the year. Love the kid but he is a poor shooter. Go Canes!

Advertisement
This one ant in the cards

UVA HAS to win, we're going through the motions the three games we've played in the last seven weeks.

***** about to get real, and reality is our nemesis...

Advertisement
Who knows? Maybe Coach L told them to foul and the team didn't execute. However, when you are up by three, the other team has the ball, and it is getting down to inside 10 seconds...you have to foul them and put them on the line. You cannot give them the opportunity to tie the game with one shot. Making two of two foul shots and then doing something offensively after that or making the first shot and missing the second intentionally to get another chance is infinitely more difficult. It's not rocket science.

It's kind of like being down by 3 or 4 in the final minute and forcing up 3 pointers instead of driving the ball to the basket and getting fouled or scoring, and then fouling to keep extending the game.

Advertisement
Back