BC vs Duke

hotshot

Sophomore
Anyone watching had to be VERY impressed by Boston College. Went toe-to-toe with #1 Duke and won the game going away. All without one of their key bigs. This league is tough!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, no easy games once conference play starts. Hopefully we can be consistent and improve throughout the season. But even that win against Minny is a little less impressive after they went ahead and lost to Nebraska and Arkansas this week. I thought of that as our first real test, but maybe it wasn't as big of a test as we all thought given their high ranking. Never easy winning on the road, but we'll certainly have much tougher games ahead.

Last edited:
BC is impressive this year BUT they have a habit of knocking off a top rated team every once in a while. So I'll withhold judgement to see how they do once they start to run the ACC gauntlet.

Advertisement
BC is impressive this year BUT they have a habit of knocking off a top rated team every once in a while. So I'll withhold judgement to see how they do once they start to run the ACC gauntlet.

Maybe BC isn't a bottom dweller of the ACC this year...but they do already have 3 losses:

Texas Tech (7-1) by 11 [Neutral Game in Conn]
@ Providence (7-3) by 20
@ Nebraska (7-4) by 9

And they just lost Deontae Hawkins (12 PPG and 9 RPG) for the season.

And now #2 Kansas goes down to defeat by 10 at the hands of undefeated #16 Arizona State. Hurley has a really good team out there in the desert.

Yeah, no easy games once conference play starts. Hopefully we can be consistent and improve throughout the season. But even that win against Minny is a little less impressive after they went ahead and lost to Nebraska and Arkansas this week. I thought of that as our first real test, but maybe it wasn't as big of a test as we all thought given their high ranking. Never easy winning on the road, but we'll certainly have much tougher games ahead.

Winning on the road is tough, so what we did vs Minny is very impressive.

They're a good team still. @nebraka and @arkansas are not easy games. I'm sure they'll run up some good wins at home though.

Advertisement
Back