Florida/Gonzaga/Seton Hall/Quinnipiac
Rutgers (ACC-Big 10)
Wofford (@AAA)
South Carolina State
FAU
George Washington
Columbia

Advertisement
GW won the NIT last year, so they could be good, but yeah, it's not tough. I guess L is going for the SEC football model. The ACC is far and away the best conference and we play 18 games.

image.webp

Advertisement

Some tough chit on that schedule.

Home v. ND then travel (2 days later) for a game at Pitt.

Home v. Duke then travel (2 days later) for a game at VT.
I agree, same scenario earlier in February... Home vs VT, then travel to Louisville.

Do you know anything about what UNC will look like this year?

The VT into UL gives us at least a day to travel. That extra day is big.

As for UNC, they're pretty good (not as good as Duke). Top 10 team. Johnson and Paige are gone but Meeks and Jackson return. They still got Berry and Hicks too. They have a young freshman coming in (Bradley), he may get a lot of burn.

Last edited:

Some tough chit on that schedule.

Home v. ND then travel (2 days later) for a game at Pitt.

Home v. Duke then travel (2 days later) for a game at VT.
I agree, same scenario earlier in February... Home vs VT, then travel to Louisville.

Do you know anything about what UNC will look like this year?

The VT into UL gives at least a day to travel. That extra day is big.

As for UNC, they're pretty good (not as good as Duke). Top 10 team. Johnson and Paige are gone but Meeks and Jackson return. They still got Berry and Hicks too. They have a young freshman coming in (Bradley), he may get a lot of burn.
Aight, thanks bro... I figured Duke would be a much better team than they were last year, but I was most curious about if UNC had what it takes to get back to the Finals.

I still like our chances in the ACC this year, with Brown, Huell, Newton & Lawrence.

Last edited:
I'll be at Louisville for that game. After going to the Sweet 16, my father in law, for whatever reason, really loves that city, and already said he wants to go back if Miami plays UL on a weekend there. I'm turning down a free trip to watch some Canes hoops....even if it means 12 hours round trip in a car with Rain Man.

Advertisement
Conference schedule is brutal...the OOC has some good matchups, but not the best in the world. That Orlando tournament looks like a solid field.

Why did we get matched up with horrible Rutgers in the Big10/ACC tourney? I thought the match ups were based on comparable previous year standings?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back