Awesome Sam Shields HL reel

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
This is an incredible video of Sam's first two seasons in the league. You can see how gifted he is as a cover guy. He struggled a bit in run support as he played more first and second downs, but as he gains experience the sky is the limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpJ9FMlvPQk

Advertisement
Nice video...what a talent. Just imagine if Sam had been coached up at CB for three or four years prior to going to the league.

Incredible athlete who went to the best possible team and location for him. He's perfect at CB- good size, recovery speed, hips, hands, and isn't scared to hit. Very proud of the guy for doing what he's done so quickly. Agree that sky's the limit.

Advertisement
But but but he smoked weed. And and and he was in the doghouse. And and he wasn't a good wr.

Sarcasm aside, I remember a pivotal wide open drop on 3rd down late versus Fsu in a 3 point game very fondly. Its awesome Sam has bounced back and had a great senior year at Miami and is excelling in the NFL.

Incredible talent. His ability to be physical at the line AND be able to turn and run with speed guys like J.Knox & Julio Jones is impressive. If he can be more consistent with his technique,the skies the limit.

Advertisement
Really glad to seeing him do well. It sucks he wasnt a CB from day one.

Advertisement
Nice video...what a talent. Just imagine if Sam had been coached up at CB for three or four years prior to going to the league.

he switched positions his senior year, braniac

good grief

I think he meant it was a mistake Shields wasn't moved earlier, which is true. McGriff wanted him at corner for a long time.
looks like your'e right. my apologies Bennubird. i misunderstood

:37 - most corners end up watching touchdown celebrations there.

That was an eye-opening video for me. I knew he had special talent, but I didn't realize he was making that many plays yet. Wow.

Advertisement

He made plays here his lone season at corner... He made plays against GT and Wake(helped lead a come back)... He also covered well against VT... He only had one bad game and that was against Okie where he was sticking one of the NCAA's top wideout in Ryan Broyles... He also became injured... It wasnt a matter of coaching up it was when will the light click on for Shields because he became a bit ****y after his freshmen campaign... Th staff actually tried to move him to corner during his sophmore but he declined... Our fans forget but he made plays for us his last year... I wished he would have made the move a few years earlier, just like I wished Graham came out at least two years earlier...

Sarcasm aside, I remember a pivotal wide open drop on 3rd down late versus Fsu in a 3 point game very fondly. Its awesome Sam has bounced back and had a great senior year at Miami and is excelling in the NFL.

Haha yep... Hit him dead in the chest... And how about the miscommunication in the huddle 2 years later? See this is what I liked about the kid... He messed up and owned up to it... Did he sit and sulk? No he worked his tail off and is now playing in the league... I'm proud of him...

Advertisement
Back