Australian Gp To Move To Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcats

Recruit
Recently on the local paper there has been talks of the Queensland government trying to get the formula one when its Melbourne deal runs out in 2023. Apparently in an interview with bernie he is open to the idea saying if Melbourne isn't reknewed after 2023 that he would look at this possibility. What do you think? Well I live 10 minutes away from surfers paradise and the race circuit that used to host the champcars but now host only a v8 supercar round on a shortened version of the old champcar circuit. The old circuit can't be used as there is a tram system through that part of town now so the cars would have to run on the very short v8 circuit. For years car enthusiasts like my self have placed petitions with the local council to ask for a proper racing facility built on the Gold Coast and it just falls on deaf ears. Even petitions when I was signed up to my karting club for just a karting circuit to host major races, and nothing. I used to have to drive at least 2 hours north or 3 hours south to get to a proper karting circuit, but I bet the council would now build it if they got this. There currently blowing budget on redeveloping basically the whole city as we have the 2018 commonwealth games here. This government is a joke so I can't see it working any better than Melbourne, what you think?

Advertisement
We only talk about football, basketball, baseball, and the weather on this site. Gtfo

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back