Athletic Article on Cam Ward's Competitive Drive

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
The Athletic has an article about Cam Ward today. A fun read, although nothing earth shattering. It's mostly about Cam's competitive drive and it is good to see that he seems to be bonding well with the team, but I couldn't help but read into this quote from Jalen Rivers a bit..

“Earlier during the summer, we ate Raising Cane’s and watched an NBA Finals game with him at his house,” Rivers said. “Then we went out again to BJ’s as an offensive line, ate there and went to the shooting range after. We do a lot of stuff.
It’s not like he seems forced to do it. He wants to do it. We enjoy being around him and he enjoys being around us. It’s not just the offensive line. It’s the skill players and guys on defense. He hangs out with everybody. Not just his people.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes Football GIF by SportsManias

The Athletic has an article about Cam Ward today. A fun read, although nothing earth shattering. It's mostly about Cam's competitive drive and it is good to see that he seems to be bonding with the team well, but I couldn't help but read into this quote from Jalen Rivers a bit..

“Earlier during the summer, we ate Raising Cane’s and watched an NBA Finals game with him at his house,” Rivers said. “Then we went out again to BJ’s as an offensive line, ate there and went to the shooting range after. We do a lot of stuff.
It’s not like he seems forced to do it. He wants to do it. We enjoy being around him and he enjoys being around us. It’s not just the offensive line. It’s the skill players and guys on defense. He hangs out with everybody. Not just his people.”

Lost me at eating at Raising Canes. Lol

Advertisement
Ha! I am pretty sure that I at there once and remember it being pretty bad, but I could be mixing that up with Zaxaby's. I am hoping that they went purely for the fact Canes is in the name - lol

Nah my guy, it was fa sho Raising Canes. I remember when Al Golden had the series “Raising Canes” (actually miss those; made the off season go by fast), & one day I tried to search it, & the chicken joint came up.

Bet; kept hearing about them, but we didn’t have any in Cali. So they decided to directly challenge Chick-Fil-A out here, & it’s an on going war; u see a Chick-Fil-A, & better believe a Raising Canes was opening w/in a 2 mi. radius. Me & my bff decided to go & see the hype; she’s a real foodie, too.

We go, & it looked amazing UNTIL we bit into it. Bland AF. If u don’t have the sauces, which r not on par w/ Chick-Fil-A, it absolutely sucks. Zero flavor. We both went twice at different locations, & same chit. So it doesn’t surprise me Rivers said they went to another spot & ate again. Lmao.

The Athletic has an article about Cam Ward today. A fun read, although nothing earth shattering. It's mostly about Cam's competitive drive and it is good to see that he seems to be bonding with the team well, but I couldn't help but read into this quote from Jalen Rivers a bit..

My brain read "BJ's" as "BT's" and I really thought for a split second those boys did the BT's buffet together...lol.

Advertisement
My brain read "BJ's" as "BT's" and I really thought for a split second those boys did the BT's buffet together...lol.
Help someone out who hasn't lived in Miami since he went to school there a long time ago... do I want to know what BTs is?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Athletic has an article about Cam Ward today. A fun read, although nothing earth shattering. It's mostly about Cam's competitive drive and it is good to see that he seems to be bonding well with the team, but I couldn't help but read into this quote from Jalen Rivers a bit..

1721941169031.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back