Arizona Transfer Guard Justin Simon

Advertisement
He may be a great player but how does he help us next year and going forward.

1. He obviously can't help next year.

2. In 2017-18, you have the following at SG:

Muhammed, Brown and Dejan

Let's assume 1 of the freshman plays PG. You're left with Muhammed and _______ at SG. It will be Muhammed's last season and the freshman will now be a Sophomore.

So how does Simon help us then?

Option A: If the freshmen turn out to be good players, then Simon is just depth and wasted scholarship in the now.

Option B: If the freshmen turn out to be weak, then Simon would greatly help.

SG being one of the strengths of the team, I don't think it makes sense.

Let's assume 1 of the freshman plays PG. You're left with Muhammed and _______ at SG. It will be Muhammed's last season and the freshman will now be a Sophomore.

Option A: If the freshmen turn out to be good players, then Simon is just depth and wasted scholarship in the now.

Actually [MENTION=2646]Consigliere[/MENTION] ESPN and 247 list him as a PG

Advertisement

Actually [MENTION=2646]Consigliere[/MENTION] ESPN and 247 list him as a PG

Even so, would rather grab Kory Holden if we want a PG who needs to sit out.

I agree with you on multiple points. I want first and foremost a big man transfer who can play right away and contribute. I don't feel to good about Murphy, Huell, Subaru and Miller next year. For the future we look great. Maybe Savon Goodman from Arizona State would be a nice pickup. He's maybe a tweener 3/4 but would immediately bring rebounding and some scoring next year. He would provide someone who can play at a high ACC level immediately with Murphy and Huell and even Subaru sprinkled in when we need size.

My rankings of transfers I would like are:
1. Holden-PG
2. Barry-SG
3. Goodman-F
4.Giddens-F/C
5. Osetkowski-PF
6. Neal-G
7. Mullins-PG

I like Neal and Mullins because they can both come in right away and give us some PG depth. Holden would be a huge get and help us 2017 going forward as with Giddens and Osetkowski in the frontcourt. Barry would be a great scorer who is available immediately but there is a logjam already on the wing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back