Are U all in on....

obfan

Redshirt Freshman
Chris Lykes. He is far from perfect and sometimes its not pretty but I'm fine with it. He is a risk taker and it clearly drives coach crazy but **** its fun to watch. IMO there are a bunch of HS seniors who would love to play with Chris for the next 3 years.

He is gaining more confidence weekly. I have casual BB fans calling me asking who is this guy and can he dunk? Can he make the NBA?

I just tell them stay tuned they kid is amazing

Advertisement
Chris Lykes. He is far from perfect and sometimes its not pretty but I'm fine with it. He is a risk taker and it clearly drives coach crazy but **** its fun to watch. IMO there are a bunch of HS seniors who would love to play with Chris for the next 3 years.

He is gaining more confidence weekly. I have casual BB fans calling me asking who is this guy and can he dunk? Can he make the NBA?

I just tell them stay tuned they kid is amazing

CL is going to be a **** good college player, but I don't know if he can make the next level. There's nothing wrong with that, a lot of **** good college players don't make the league. Jack McClinton never played in an NBA regular season game, but Dequan Jones played an entire year in the league. Lykes is developing as a PG, but the tools are there for him to be a legit top end collegiate distributor. He can shoot the three, and he has crazy quicks. Once he gains a couple of pounds, he should be better at the rim, he leaves on average 4-6 points there per night in blown layups.

Laranaga said prior to the season, perhaps in jest, "if he were 6'5" he would be Michael Jordan"

Lykes will definitely be invited by some NBA team to a tryout when his time is up if he continues to get better. Whether he plays or not will be based on whether his size prevents him from being effective at these camps and tryouts. If he can score, play acceptable defense and displays NBA pg skills he'll stick around for a while. Maybe D league a few years. There will also be overseas options I'd imagine.

Advertisement
Love the kid. He's a gamer. Takes risks, can drive you crazy, but **** exciting. All ACC at least 2x.

Laranaga said prior to the season, perhaps in jest, "if he were 6'5" he would be Michael Jordan"

I don't think L was joking about that. I'm sold on Lykes. I've never enjoyed watching a player more than Lykes.

Almost averages 10 points per game and only plays 21 minutes per. Will get his assist total up next year. Like to see him around 40% from 3-point range. He is our Spudd Webb or Muggsy Bogues and is going to be a pleasure to watch over the next 3 years. Already is. Just as gutsy as Kevin Norris, but unlike Kevin, this kid can shoot and score.

Advertisement
Lykes is getting better every week and has been fun to watch from the start. His main issues right now are defense and his tendency to play to fast at times both for himself and his teammates. Can't wait to watch him the next 3 years.

I also enjoy watching Lykes play. He is not 5-7. Closer to 5-5 I think. But he has a really good three point shot and he can do it from long distance. If Stephen Curry can make it, and he isn't 6-3 but more like 6-0 Lykes can make it as well. Lykes gets in trouble when he drives into the trees at times. But his speed gives him a big advantage at times. But he needs to do a better job of dishing more than trying to shoot when he penetrated.

I also enjoy watching Lykes play. He is not 5-7. Closer to 5-5 I think. But he has a really good three point shot and he can do it from long distance. If Stephen Curry can make it, and he isn't 6-3 but more like 6-0 Lykes can make it as well. Lykes gets in trouble when he drives into the trees at times. But his speed gives him a big advantage at times. But he needs to do a better job of dishing more than trying to shoot when he penetrated.

I agree Lykes can make it, but Curry is 7 inches taller then him even if he is only 6 foot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back