Architectural Details on football ops center

bakery centre was built more or less when the Falls was built and the Falls succeeded because it was open air.

the club was called Parallel Bar.
bakery center also didn’t have as many stores as the falls and wasn’t able to attract a large department store like the falls did with Bloomingdale’s.

Bakery center had to compete with the falls and dadeland. Any mall either closed or open isn’t gonna attract a large clientele without a large big box store.

I don’t know about know but last time I went to the falls was before Covid and they seemed to be having tenant issues there as well. I remember it was a weekend and I was surprised in how empty it was.

Advertisement
Here's my Architectural details today....
20230318_134335.jpg

Bakery center and miracle center - biggest commercial flops in Miami the last 30-40 years. Miracle mile almost went down that road but managed a great transformation.
it did go bankrupt IIRC. both suffered from the same problem. poor design. architectonica did miracle center when they were relatively new.

Advertisement
bakery center also didn’t have as many stores as the falls and wasn’t able to attract a large department store like the falls did with Bloomingdale’s.

Bakery center had to compete with the falls and dadeland. Any mall either closed or open isn’t gonna attract a large clientele without a large big box store.

I don’t know about know but last time I went to the falls was before Covid and they seemed to be having tenant issues there as well. I remember it was a weekend and I was surprised in how empty it was.
the falls made a decision about 7-10 years ago to transition away from retails stores to an entertainment center. they were waiting for leases to terminate then covid hit. bloomiingdales is gone and gym is replacing it. more bars/restaurants moving in

the falls made a decision about 7-10 years ago to transition away from retails stores to an entertainment center. they were waiting for leases to terminate then covid hit. bloomiingdales is gone and gym is replacing it. more bars/restaurants moving in
That makes sense. But I have a bad a feeling about retail and office leasing in this coming year.

Advertisement
only thing I’ve ever used in sunset place is the **** movie theatre, even that place ain’t good. South Miami gonna need a lot more large apartment buildings and people to support sunset but even then it’s just a relic and unsustainable.
the master plan just before covid hit was to build a large condo in the area where virgin records was and to convert it into a mixed use project

Just drove by the campus from CocoWalk and lots of construction going on in campus. Is this already underway?

Advertisement
I live right next to the Falls. It’s a Lifetime gym they’re building. Big gamble because the memberships at those places ain’t cheap. Be interesting to see if if they can attract enough of the well-heeled crowd across US 1 in Pinecrest.

They’ve definitely added a ton of new restaurants over the last couple years and most of them seem to be doing well.

Advertisement
I live right next to the Falls. It’s a Lifetime gym they’re building. Big gamble because the memberships at those places ain’t cheap. Be interesting to see if if they can attract enough of the well-heeled crowd across US 1 in Pinecrest.

They’ve definitely added a ton of new restaurants over the last couple years and most of them seem to be doing well.
One thing I learned from watching “ Bar Rescue” no ladies in your establishments no business.

Falls nice area , Pinecrest close by big bucks have nice places for the ladies and keep PUNKS away show plenty of security and your good.

GOCANES

They’re renovating that entire little shopping area. There’s gonna be a two-story Publix.
I live a mile or two from that Publix off of 136 street sorta. That’s the Publix we always use. Definitely needs an upgrade compared to compared to the one in Pinecrest.

Just drove by the campus from CocoWalk and lots of construction going on in campus. Is this already underway?
It is construction of Centennial Village. This pic of the 2 remaining towers and dining hall with IM in foreground.

May Pentland rest in peace.

Attachments

• 20230116_212440.jpg
    20230116_212440.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Advertisement
Back