Anyone who trashes this team is trash

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Anyone who trashes this coach is trash. And, as poorly and as Jekiri played, just don't be a ****head. The team didn't have it today, and Villanova played their best. Villanova is playing lights out now, and I would not be shocked if they made the Final Four. I'm not making excuses, but in 5 years, Larranaga has gone 20-13, 29-7, 17-16, 25-13, 27-8. In the ACC he's gone 9-7, 15-3, 7-11, 10-8, 13-5. He's made 2 Sweet 16s and probably should have made at least one more NCAA tournament (last year) and maybe 2 more 2012. I know everyone is upset, and trust me, so am I. I almost punched 5 douchebag Nova frat ****** who were throwing up what they thought were gang signs in their boat shoes all game long and trying to impress ugly Nova girls wearing oversized jerseys. Part of the reason we're so upset is that we're not a Kansas (or even Nova) who goes to the tourney every year, and so it seems like we have one shot at a title every 3-4 years. Hopefully (and I think it's changing now) we start going to the tourney every year. Coach L is building a program, not just a team that makes a run every couple of years.

Advertisement
The biggest thing is getting the program to the point where we can consistently bring in good talent. Our last 2 runs have been fueled by transfer talent which is nice and all but we need to get to the point where we are able to bring in that level of player right from the start.

We're bringing in the #6 recruiting class in the nation next year, which has 2 top 30 players in it, to add to Lawrence, who I think is going to be very good. They will all form the nucleus of a very good program for years. I think Uzundu can be good too.

We're bringing in the #6 recruiting class in the nation next year, which has 2 top 30 players in it, to add to Lawrence, who I think is going to be very good. They will all form the nucleus of a very good program for years. I think Uzundu can be good too.

I WANT THE TURK !!

Uzunda reminds me of jekiri which aint good, gimme the turk and milker next year

Advertisement
I love Coach L but tonight wasn't his best game.

We were playing way too fast and sloppy at times and he should've told them to slow it down.

I also think he should've rode Palmer > Newton in the 2nd half as well as trying ICU when their big guy went out with the injury.

Last edited:

Uzunda reminds me of jekiri which aint good, gimme the turk and milker next year

There is no way Miller plays significant minutes next year unless major injuries occur.

And has there been any confirmation that we're leading for The Turk?

I love Coach L but tonight wasn't his best game.

We were playing way too fast and sloppy at times and he should've told them to slow it down.

I also think he should've road Palmer > Newton in the 2nd half as well as trying ICU when their big guy went out with the injury.

nova slowed the pace way down in the 1st half. we needed to speed it up and drive the ball to the hoop. nova made us, for the most part, settle for jumpers. you dont out shoot a shooting team. what hurt us more was turn overs and not having any interior presence. jekiri, bless his heart, didnt do **** the entire NCAA tournament.

when our back court scores 40 and we lose by 20+ there is nothing to say. even if angel and mclellan went off for 25 each we would still have lost by double digits. nova made a lot of free throws

If you look a common theme. UNC has 10 top 100 players on their roster, and they slaughtered us.

UVA has 6 top 100 players on their roster, beat us 2 out of 3.

Villanova had 7 top 100 players on their roster, drilled us.

Miami had 2, Sheldon and Newton.

WE NEED to keep bringing in more talent.

The 2016 class is the best in Miami history.

Advertisement
If you look a common theme. UNC has 10 top 100 players on their roster, and they slaughtered us.

UVA has 6 top 100 players on their roster, beat us 2 out of 3.

Villanova had 7 top 100 players on their roster, drilled us.

Miami had 2, Sheldon and Newton.

WE NEED to keep bringing in more talent.

The 2016 class is the best in Miami history.

You're right, which leads to 2 points. One, L is building a program which is evidenced by the class coming in, and it says a lot about L that he's taken two teams to Sweet 16s.

Advertisement
Back