alright, wild idea

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
T

TheU1991

what are the chances vilma takes his offseason back to the U?

he'd be able to stay in football shape working out at our facilities and could hang around the practice field/film rooms/gym/etc with the players.

i don't know see why he wouldn't want to do it, seeing as he can't hang out at the saints' facilities. it would obviously be great for our team to have a guy like him around.

hopefully golden & co reach out to him a bit (which i'm sure they're already doing for one reason or another).

@JonVilma51
Adversity reveals character...when the dust settles, I hope the only thing left is the truth...hold judgement until then

@brennanpcarroll
@JonVilma51 We might have to talk this out, I know where to meet ya

Advertisement
My first thought after hearing the yearlong suspension was wondering if we had a graduate assistant position available.

Advertisement
I don't see how he doesn't spend most of the suspension here (Miami). He's from here, has a place here, family here, and has full access to some of the best facilities available. Would be great to have him also in the film room helping the young cats break plays down.

Would not surprise me if he got involved somehow. He's one of the really good guys off the field.

Advertisement
Graduate assistant would be good.

Rub some fire off on some young men.

I believe we already have GAs lined up. It would be a **** move if Golden pulled their offers (if that is even possible at this point).

Last edited:
Can he? What are the NCAA rules for this?

That's what I am wondering too. Obviously he is allowed to work out at the gym and talk with the guys there, but I would guess other than occasional speeches, that the NCAA would not allow him to participate in a coaching manner w/o counting as one of the coaches or GAs.

Advertisement

That's what I am wondering too. Obviously he is allowed to work out at the gym and talk with the guys there, but I would guess other than occasional speeches, that the NCAA would not allow him to participate in a coaching manner w/o counting as one of the coaches or GAs.

What if he just "showed up" everyday for practice?

He is from Coral Gables, he's just coming by to "watch practice and workout..."

Not sure I would recommend it with the investigation going at UM, but interesting to think about.

What if he just "showed up" everyday for practice?

He is from Coral Gables, he's just coming by to "watch practice and workout..."

Not sure I would recommend it with the investigation going at UM, but interesting to think about.

I hear ya, but considering they stopped Streeter from working out with Duper even though they didnt set it up... then again, maybe it is different with him being an alum. I am sure the coaches will get him involved if he is up for it and it is kosher with the NCAA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back