aggressiveness- MIAMI vs fsu

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
T

TheU1991

alright you guys already know i'm a diehard for miami, and i might get roasted for this, but one thing i've noticed over the last couple seasons is that fsu's defense has seemed much more vicious than ours. reid and his crew are some bad boys, seen in the way they played rough and mean against us last year.

call their players dirty, 'thugs', or whatever- i don't really care. the bottom line is that those guys have been hitting lately. we need to get some nasty players on our squad who want to take off some heads. other than a few hits here and there, i really haven't felt like we've been an agressive, intimidating, scary defense for a few years now. we just don't have that chip on our shoulder on defense.

i know our defense had a down year last year, but as a whole i just don't sense that same type of aggression that fsu has been fielding lately. as much as it kills me to do it, here's some of the evidence for my claim...

[video=youtube;MGYwJaqIzLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGYwJaqIzLU&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;94bjJBnKVIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bjJBnKVIc&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;rPNUzLsr1Uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNUzLsr1Uw&feature=related[/video]

but to end on a good note, here's to golden bringing in the guys that are going to restore everything back to how it should be :neonu:

[video=youtube;IpDNr-2JIDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpDNr-2JIDw[/video]

[video=youtube;x8aSGYIlVPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8aSGYIlVPw&feature=related[/video]

Advertisement
And every one of those hits are illegal now. Dont get me wrong, I would be extremely happy if we destroyed a WR coming across the middle, but I would be even more ****ed if it took away a pick 6 or fumble recovery. However, I know where you are going with this and in reality, this team needs controlled aggressiveness.

And every one of those hits are illegal now. Dont get me wrong, I would be extremely happy if we destroyed a WR coming across the middle, but I would be even more ****ed if it took away a pick 6 or fumble recovery. However, I know where you are going with this and in reality, this team needs controlled aggressiveness.

are you referring to the two Miami videos? none of those fsu hits should have drawn flags.

are you referring to the two Miami videos? none of those fsu hits should have drawn flags.

Bradham and Reid's hits were flags. The Lattimore hit wasnt but if the refs were being ****s, they could have reached for a helmet to helmet. The rules are super *** now and legit big hits are hard to come by.

Advertisement

Bradham and Reid's hits were flags. The Lattimore hit wasnt but if the refs were being ****s, they could have reached for a helmet to helmet. The rules are super *** now and legit big hits are hard to come by.

yeah bradham and reid's hits drew flags, but they were clean. that's why i said they shouldn't have drawn any flags on those plays.

i wouldn't have any problem with our guys making those types of hits regularly, even if they drew flags more often than not. there was nothing wrong with those couple hits by fsu.

FSU defense might be more aggressive right now but they do just like we do a few big hits here and there. I have not watched them much but I dont think to many people are scared of there defense we lost 6 games (should have beat FSU this year but that's for another thread) they lost 4 with that scary defense u talking about.lol... and why would we call them thugs or dirty if you wanna talk about agressive look at Alabama and LSU defense

I agree. We've played soft on D- for years. Save for a few savage hits by Spence and VT, and the much glorified (and over rated) hit on Murray in the OU game by Ray Ray.

The hit on Byrd is the ugliest and most painful-looking to me, but I think that it's the cleanest. Big time blame on Jacory for leaving LaRon out to dry.

Advertisement
FSU defense might be more aggressive right now but they do just like we do a few big hits here and there. I have not watched them much but I dont think to many people are scared of there defense we lost 6 games (should have beat FSU this year but that's for another thread) they lost 4 with that scary defense u talking about.lol... and why would we call them thugs or dirty if you wanna talk about agressive look at Alabama and LSU defense
Nope. Their defensive-line is way more imposing than ours, and they have depth there. I would currently take our secondary over FSU's as we have crazy depth now with the freshman coming in, but their DL and LB are better.

Nope. Their defensive-line is way more imposing than ours, and they have depth there. I would currently take our secondary over FSU's as we have crazy depth now with the freshman coming in, but their DL and LB are better.

i agree with what you said, but feel differently about fsu's secondary. i'd take their secondary from last year or the secondary they will have this year over what we have anyday.

now the class that we have coming in, thats a whole different story.

J12 left byrd out to dry for real. **** I'm glad he's gone, and did anyone see the block in the back by Gunn on that play? what the f**k was he thinking?

Advertisement
I'm all for big hits in the secondary and all but at the same time you've gotta play smart and not put yourself in a bad position to help the other team win.. what if last years close game with them gave them the edge and helped them score just cause we rocked some kid..sure it looks good on espn but when it costs you a W or kills you at a strategic time or area i choose the latter..

J12 left byrd out to dry for real. **** I'm glad he's gone, and did anyone see the block in the back by Gunn on that play? what the f**k was he thinking?

Perfectly legal block by Gunn.

What Brandon Jenkins does to Lamar on that play is just vicious.

Advertisement
I am all for aggressive play,hard hitting, etc, but hitting a defenseless receiver is and should be a penalty. There is nothing tough about hitting a receiver that doesn't see you coming. I don't want our players doing that ****. You get penalized and risk getting ejected. Play within the rules and dominate. Football is changing. The long term effects of these football collisions are starting to come to light and it's not good.

No doubt, their D has been faster, stronger and nastier than ours for the last few years. I hope that once Al gets his guys in place, we can get back to playing like that. That being said, we really outplayed them for most of the game last year and should have one the **** game.

Advertisement
Back