ACC Tournament (Men's)

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
With Duke choking at home in Coach K's final game, Miami finishes in 4th, not 3rd.

First 4 get double bye
5-9 get a single bye
10-14 play in the first round

1. Duke
2. Notre Dame
3. UNC
4. Miami
-------------
5. Wake Forest
6. UVA
7. VT
8. FSU
9. Syracuse
--------------
10. Clemson
11. Louisville
12. Pitt
13. BC
14. GT
15. NC State

First Round

Pitt-BC (winner plays Wake)
Clemson-NC State (winner plays VT)
Louisville-GT (winner plays UVA)

Miami plays the Wake vs. Pitt/BC winner on Thursday at 230. Other teams on Miami's side are FSU/Syracuse who play each other as 8/9 and Duke.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We match up better with Wake. It's also hard to beat a team three times in one season. Whatever. Just win.
Over the last ten years teams 2-0 against another team in college basketball won the third game 72% of the time. I like the odds of beating a team the third time.
PS: That was 891 games over a ten year period that this happened. Not just a one season stat

Last edited:
Over the last ten years teams 2-0 against another team in college basketball won the third game 72% of the time. I like the odds of beating a team the third time.

Great stat. It’s just a better matchup for us in every regard. Lose to wake and people shrug shoulders and say we’re still 2-1 and it’s hard to beat a team 3 times. Lose to UVA and the knives come out 0-3 vs. them is a bad look on selection Sunday if the bubble moves inward.

Advertisement
Double Bye is nice but I always thought the teams getting those byes are at a little disadvantage to teams with a Tourney win already under their belt from the day before. Takes a quarter to shake off the rust (and we seem to be a slow starting team lately already).

Advertisement
Back