ACC Football New Rules

TheUnuffSAID

GreenTree All-American
ACC Football ‏@theACCfootball
Officiating rule change for 2012: If a players helmet come off during legal play, the player must leave the game for one play. #ACCKickoff

2012 Officiating rule change: If the player continues to participate in the game after his helmet comes off - 15yd PF penalty. #ACCKickoff

Officiating rule change for 2012: Kickoff will be from the 35 yard line. #ACCKickoff

Officiating rule change for 2012: Every member of the kicking team (except kicker) must be within 5 yds of ball before kickoff. #ACCKickoff

Officiating rule change for 2012: A touchback will be placed on the 25 yard line. #ACCKickoff

Officiating rule change for 2012: On punts, player must have an unimpeded opportunity to catch kick (at least 1 yd). #ACCKickoff

Advertisement
I still want Duke Johnson taking it up the field even if he's 5 yards deep in the end zone.

amen brother.webp

So if i want the qb out for a the critical play i intentionally rip his helmet off the play before?

Officiating rule change for 2012: Every member of the kicking team (except kicker) must be within 5 yds of ball before kickoff. #ACCKickoff
So what about the Gunners on the outside? They are more than 5 yards away.

2012 Officiating rule change: If the player continues to participate in the game after his helmet comes off - 15yd PF penalty. #ACCKickoff
So if you are a OLineman / DLineman and your helmet gets knocked off you are supposed to just take a knee?

Advertisement

So if you are a OLineman / DLineman and your helmet gets knocked off you are supposed to just take a knee?

For the first one, I am assuming they meant 5 yards from the line of scrimmage of the ball.

The second, they are going to be using some better buttons on helmets soon.

For the first one, I am assuming they meant 5 yards from the line of scrimmage of the ball.

The second, they are going to be using some better buttons on helmets soon.

lol I got the image of 10 guys all huddled around the ball while the kicker boots it off

Advertisement
A touchback placed on the 25???

Tell me this is fake.

I know. So the ACC will start at the 25 but other conferences will be at the 20? Are we just going to start having each conference make up their own rules of the game? How about in the big 10 you get 4 points for a field goal? Sec gets an extra down.

Makes absolutely no sense. How can something like the placement of the ball after a touchback NOT be a uniform rule across all of college football? What happens when you play a team out of conference?

It would be like the Eastern conference using a 30 second shot clock in the NBA.

This can't be true....has this been confirmed? If so the NCAA is turning into a bigger joke by the day.

Advertisement
The rule about within 5 yards on kickoffs is similar to the rule for a regular scrimmage play. It basically prevents someone from easing off the sideline just before the kickoff and not be accounted for.

The rule about within 5 yards on kickoffs is similar to the rule for a regular scrimmage play. It basically prevents someone from easing off the sideline just before the kickoff and not be accounted for.

Pretty sure these rules are to reduce violent collisions by slowing down the running start you can get on a kickoff, and making it slightly easier to get a touchback.

Starting at the 25 is the "inducement" to not kick a touchback every time.

Advertisement
Officiating rule change for 2012: If a players helmet come off during legal play, the player must leave the game for one play. #ACCKickoff

I love this rule. I am sick of players going for style with one strap on and their helmet comes off 10 times a game.

Advertisement
Back