9 seed or what

Miami04

Senior
So. We’ve got 4 games left and we need to go 3-1 to guarantee a top 4 ACC seed. That is not going to be easy with 3 of them on the road.

The bigger thing for me is if we make the ncaa I don’t want to be a 8 or 9 seed. Then you are against a one seed round 2 and pretty much no shot at sweet 16.

I’m fine if we fall to a 10 at this point as long as we aren’t in the last 4 in category. I think with a win yesterday the highest we climb by end of season would be a 7 seed. (Without an ACC tournament or regular season championship). So 10 seed or 7 seed doesn’t matter that much.

Just a bunch of rambling but that loss last night has me searching for some silver lining.

I hope we can make the tournament if we finish 1-3 because those last two games at BC and SU have me nervous.

Advertisement
There are 4 regular season game left. As long as Miami can win 2 or 3 of those games we should be fine. I'd be hard-pressed to think that an ACC team with 21 or 22 regular season wins and 13 or 14 of them coming in conference play wouldn't be able to make the big dance.

Advertisement
Our computer numbers are terrible. We were a borderline 9 seed before the UVA loss. 11 seed, first four type team right now if we even make it.

Miami still has a good shot at the NCAAT if the team can win 2-3 of their last 4 regular season games, which is very possible. I just can't see the selection committee leaving a 21-22 win ACC team out of the tournament.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back