5 star C Omer Yurtseven

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Turkish star Omer Yurtseven, a 7-footer projected as the No. 10 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com, is interested in joining an American college team for the 2016-17 season, according to a report from Scout.com.

"Fenerbahçe is a really good club and they play at a high level," he told Scout's Evan Daniels at the Basketball Without Borders camp in Toronto this past weekend. "I haven't been playing that much, so I need to go some place that I can to play more and to improve. That's why I want to go to college."

Yurtseven told Scout he's considering Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, California, Duke, Miami, Texas and UC-Irvine, but hasn't visted any of those schools. Sources close to several of those programs confirmed they were involved or trying to be for Yurtseven.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...ested-in-american-colleges-for-2016/164659106

Giddy up

jimlmiami1.gif

Advertisement
I see people speaking Turkish all the time in my neck of the woods (Miami Beach). This could be a good fit.

Larranaga gonna **** around and win the ACC a second time while landing a top five class

Advertisement
Either Turkey is the land of giants, or this kid isn't 7'0. I'll go with the latter.

And he sounds like an eligibility problem. His own coach is saying he has taken money and doesn't care about his teammates! Plus Calipari sniffing around. Forget it.

Last edited:
Either Turkey is the land of giants, or this kid isn't 7'0. I'll go with the latter.

And he sounds like an eligibility problem. His own coach is saying he has taken money and doesn't care about his teammates! Plus Calipari sniffing around. Forget it.

The coach may just be a poor loser. My guess is that at least some of Omer's teammates are happy for him. The kid seems to be doing what he thinks is best for his future. The potential eligibility problem will be decided by the NCAA, one way or the other.

The coach may just be a poor loser. My guess is that at least some of Omer's teammates are happy for him. The kid seems to be doing what he thinks is best for his future. The potential eligibility problem will be decided by the NCAA, one way or the other.
If Enes Kanter's case is any precedent, this doesn't bode well for whoever Yurtseven decides to play for in college.

If Enes Kanter's case is any precedent, this doesn't bode well for whoever Yurtseven decides to play for in college.

I'm guessing the staff will check the whole situation out thoroughly and be totally on top of what's in our best interests.

Advertisement

I'm guessing the staff will check the whole situation out thoroughly and be totally on top of what's in our best interests.
Well, yeah. I trust the staff to do the due diligence like they would with any kid.

Exactly. As soon as I read Calipari is in on this kid, the red flags go flying.

Advertisement
Larranaga (and staff) are helluva international recruiters so at worst we got a shot even if a certain SEC greaseball is sniffing around. DMoney makes a great point too about there being a decent size Turk population in Dade. They can be as shady as the Russians we have but they're definitely here.

Larranaga (and staff) are helluva international recruiters so at worst we got a shot even if a certain SEC greaseball is sniffing around. DMoney makes a great point too about there being a decent size Turk population in Dade. They can be as shady as the Russians we have but they're definitely here.

[video=youtube;iH2a30LTeWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2a30LTeWw[/video]

Advertisement
Omer Yurtseven, a five-star 2016 prospect from Turkey, turned down a significant contract offer from Fenerbahçe to pursue his dream of playing college basketball.

But the decision wasn’t easy. Not only was he offered a hefty contract, but there was also pressure to stay and play for the club he’s spent so much time with.

The list of interested parties is long and full of high major programs.

“ Utah, Cal, Oregon, Miami, UNC, NC State, Arizona, Arizona State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mizzou, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, USC and Texas are the ones that I’m in touch [with] right now,” Yurtseven told Scout.

Being from a different country, the visits will be a big factor for Yurtseven, but because of his schedule he won’t be able to take them until the summer.

“I haven’t gotten into any final decision but I think I will make my visits in June,” he said.

Interest grows for Turkish star Omer Yurtseven - Basketball Recruiting - Scout

Omer Yurtseven, a five-star 2016 prospect from Turkey, turned down a significant contract offer from Fenerbahçe to pursue his dream of playing college basketball.

But the decision wasn’t easy. Not only was he offered a hefty contract, but there was also pressure to stay and play for the club he’s spent so much time with.

The list of interested parties is long and full of high major programs.

“ Utah, Cal, Oregon, Miami, UNC, NC State, Arizona, Arizona State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mizzou, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, USC and Texas are the ones that I’m in touch [with] right now,” Yurtseven told Scout.

Being from a different country, the visits will be a big factor for Yurtseven, but because of his schedule he won’t be able to take them until the summer.

“I haven’t gotten into any final decision but I think I will make my visits in June,” he said.

Interest grows for Turkish star Omer Yurtseven - Basketball Recruiting - Scout

Why he drop UC-Irvine? That's where my $ was

Advertisement
Back