4 year scholarships vs Scholarships renewed yearly

MiamiNites

Senior
Kinda torn on this.

Both have it's positives and negatives but I feel they should be renewed yearly.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
As long as the kid is doing the right things in the class room, community, and trying on the practice field he should be kept on scholarship. I don't like the ideas of corches cutting dead weight just because they made a poor evaluation. If the kid isn't what they expected he'd be, but he's doing everything right, he shouldn't be "cut".

As long as the kid is doing the right things in the class room, community, and trying on the practice field he should be kept on scholarship. I don't like the ideas of corches cutting dead weight just because they made a poor evaluation. If the kid isn't what they expected he'd be, but he's doing everything right, he shouldn't be "cut".

If a kid can't leave school to go play for another team w/o the coach's approval, then a coach shouldn't be able to cut a kid w/o his permission.

if you suck, you get cut.

yall some handout wanting, welfare loving, freedom hating mofos.

When you are talking about scholarships that the Athletic Department is shelling out 40 grand a year for, if you aren't any good, your *** needs to pack you bags for Memphis or some other place.

When you are talking about scholarships that the Athletic Department is shelling out 40 grand a year for, if you aren't any good, your *** needs to pack you bags for Memphis or some other place.

Then likewise if I get am a good player and I get stuck with Randy Shannon as my coach, I should be able to leave.

Advertisement
Going away from annual renewals based on classroom and ethical standards and going to a renewal policy based on athletic prowess will be another straw in the destruction of college football. Right now the SEC is getting away with this where most non-SEC schools do not. RAther than hold the SEC schools skools to ANY level of accountability, the move is now towards allowing all schools to do it. Bad move IMO.

There is a middle ground. Just because you dont renew a kid's scholarship, doesnt mean you are kicking him to the curb. We can help him find another school where he can get more playing time or get the education he wants or deserves.

I'm all for 1 year schollies.

The amount of ignorance here is phenomenal.

I don't think people would have as much of an issue with it if the subject could play immediately at the new school. I also feel the kids should be given an opportunity to move schools without sitting out when the coach leaves for another school. Coaches are in the best position out of everyone in major CFB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back