24-6, 13-5

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
As bad as today was, we're still a very good team. I love how people come out of the woodwork when we lose (on the road to a team that's 10-8 in the ACC and has won 5 in a row) and say we're not going very far in the tournament, or our dismantling of ND was a fluke, or we're not that good, etc. We're going to finish anywhere from a tie for first to 3rd. We finished with the same record as we did in 2012-2013, and a similar ACC record (13-5 vs. 15-3) in a much, much tougher ACC. 3 years ago there was no Louisville, ND, Pitt or SU and UNC and UVA had down years. This years' team was just as impressive overall. People also tend to forget that in 2012-2013 we did not finish strong. We finished 2-3 down the stretch, and some of our wins were less than impressive. This year we lost our last game after playing some of our most impressive basketball of the year (UVA, UL, ND). Today was fine. It doesn't mean anything. Also, the ACCT is going to be a dogfight. We might get knocked out in the Semis. It won't be the end of the world. Right now we're obviously playing for seeding.

Win the ACCT and we have a shot (probably outside) at a #1 seed
Make the finals and lose = #2 seed
Make the semis = #2 seed
knocked out in the quarters = #3 seed (maybe #2 if everyone else around us loses).

Advertisement
The loss hurts, but in the "law" of percentages it makes a longer tourney run seem more realistic. It's easier to win 9 in a row from here on out than it would have been to keep our streak going for 13 in a row.

I think the bigger deal is that so much was on the line and regardless of recent play or where we were playing, we're a much better team than what showed up today.

It was very impressive that we beat UL and ND without Newton. He'll be back, rested, and healthy for the quarters.

Very disappointed in today , I told a friend earlier that this is the **** game . It's the time when they normally do it, when you least expect it. Just leaves you scratching your head.

Still enjoyed the season , watched all but 1-2 games .Coach L got me through the Golden era so hes royalty in my book.

As for the post season ,I hope this was a wakeup call and gets their head straight for one and done ball.

Let's get it.

Advertisement
Disappointed, praying it's not a sign that we aren't playing our best ball and going into a mini funk. BAD timing if so

Missed the game due to a car show. Road games are a **** in the ACC. They need to put it behind them and move forward.

So, we win 3 impressive games, but lose one and it might be a sign that we aren't playing our best ball and are going into a mini funk? :monkey-serious:

Advertisement
We could have gone 30-1 this year and half the posters on here would cry and complain about this team. Unbelievable.

340 DI teams would have been overjoyed to had the season we just had.

Classic let down game coming off a big win, looking ahead to ACCT, and ran into a hot VT team.

Don't think it means much.

VT is playing really good ball right now and we were playing them on the road to boot. Gave us all we could handle when they played us down here last month iirc

Advertisement
Team has been exciting has had its ups and some downs, but for the most part, really proud of coach L and boys. this is the level the program should be, highly competitive with a chance for greatness.

Advertisement
Back