2019 Orlando Christian Prep SF CJ Walker talks Canes

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
C59inPVUsAAUnzT.jpg-large.webp

One of the hottest names in the College Basketball scene over the last couple of months has been 2019 Orlando Christian Prep SF CJ Walker. The 6'7 "180" pound rising junior has seen his stock rise over the course of the offseason

"My dream has always been to play D1 basketball," Walker said, "So now I'm close to fulfilling that dream."

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 9.23.32 AM.webp

Miami Head Coach Jim Larrañaga stopped by Orlando Christian Prep yesterday to see Walker. While Coach L was there, he personally offered Walker a scholarship.

"It's always special to get a Head Coach who wants you to play for their program," Walker said, "Coach L offered me himself, they have been watching my game for a while now."

"I always wanted the Miami offer because I love that they play uptempo and full court man into a trap defense."

Walker has offers from 19 division one programs. Most are power five schools, but the rising junior says his recruitment is "Open" right now

"Not yet," Walker said, "I'm just getting a feel for the schools and the coaching staff and building a relationship with them is important."

Walker transferred to Orlando Christian Prep (OCP) his sophomore year from Sanford Seminole HS. For Walker, the transition wasn't as easy as some expected, but his teammate 2018 5 star SF Nassir Little has become a role model to Walker as they both led (OCP) to a 27-4 record and the school's fifth state championship.

"Man Nas is my big bro," Walker said, "I look up to him for everything, I like the way he handles his success and the way he has a tight and small circle so I try to mirror that."

Walker said that he's trying to visit Miami sometime next month or in early November.

And here's some of CJ Walker's highlights

[video=youtube;BC9PCXjAA78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC9PCXjAA78[/video]

Advertisement
Interesting timing with Nassir's visit coming up

Coach L has been in contact with CJ Walker for a while but the visit to OCP was obviously for Nassir Little. They both haven't talked about playing together. In CJ's words "I don't want to bother him during this time." But on the Nassir side of things. It's good that he reschedule his OV to Miami. Shows he's actually interested

Advertisement
CJ has been a baller since his middle school days. He started on Seminole's Elite 8 team as a freshman. He then transferred when his mentor/handler went to OCP as an assistant coach. We have to get his mentor in our bag if we want CJ.

Advertisement
Back