2012 ACC Preview

duppy03

Freshman
Just watched this on ESPNU, and there is a feature on Tha U, don't blink ur eyes though, u might miss it. They should have changed the name to the V-Tech, FSU and Clemson preview. I know our team is young, and all of that stuff, but V-tech has a lot of questions on offense, Clemson does not play defense and FSU, can't make FG's when it counts. I know on paper these teams are better than we are, but don't just count us out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw it today. I must have blinked because they didn't say a single word about Miami.

In most of the ACC previews I've read/watched/etc, they essentially gloss over Miami every time. The theme? They are young...this won't be a good year. In previous seasons, Miami had an upside projection of 8-9+ wins by the pundits...this year...looking like 7 is upside, which puts us in the same discussion point as UNC, Wake, etc.

i actually could give a **** what espn says or anyone else. game has to be played on field. that said i cant wait for 9-1-12. once again tailgate time....

Advertisement
don't blink ur eyes though, u might miss it.

Why exactly would they devote time to a team that...

1.) Has a 54% win rate over the last 6 years (41-35)
2.) Has never competed for the ACC Coastal.
3.) Is coming off a 6-6 season.
4.) Lost 13 of 22 starters.
5.) Now has freshmen taking up more than a 1/3 of the team.
6.) Lost 79% of our rushing yards from 2011.
7.) Lost 89% of our passing yards from 2011.
8.) Lost 62% of our receiving yards from 2011.
9.) Lost 50% of our interceptions from 2011.
10.) Lost 49% of our tackles from 2011.
11.) Lost 62% of our sacks from 2011.
12.) Is dealing with constant distractions.
13.) Will seriously consider self imposing a bowl ban if they get to the 6 win mark.

As they should, ESPN focused on teams with a legit shot at winning the ACC. Buckle in Canes fans because it is going to be a tough season in 2012.

don't blink ur eyes though, u might miss it.

Why exactly would they devote time to a team that...

1.) Has a 54% win rate over the last 6 years (41-35)
2.) Has never competed for the ACC Coastal.
3.) Is coming off a 6-6 season.
4.) Lost 13 of 22 starters.
5.) Now has freshmen taking up more than a 1/3 of the team.
6.) Lost 79% of our rushing yards from 2011.
7.) Lost 89% of our passing yards from 2011.
8.) Lost 62% of our receiving yards from 2011.
9.) Lost 50% of our interceptions from 2011.
10.) Lost 49% of our tackles from 2011.
11.) Lost 62% of our sacks from 2011.
12.) Is dealing with constant distractions.
13.) Will seriously consider self imposing a bowl ban if they get to the 6 win mark.

As they should, ESPN focused on teams with a legit shot at winning the ACC. Buckle in Canes fans because it is going to be a tough season in 2012.

Dang dawg. The truth hurts
What the saying be brutally honest ,but have the faith to persevere

Have faith Canes fans!!! They are right we are young but with S. Florida talent....that's the biggest difference between just being young with talent and young with S. Florida talent which is an advantage.... We will win 8 games at least.... trust me!!! Trust the TIE!!!

Advertisement
Man i have it recorded I watched, rewinded, slow mo, fast forward, and paused and all I seen of Miami was ray ray taking bad angles in another teams highlights

Dang dawg. The truth hurts
What the saying be brutally honest ,but have the faith to persevere

I have faith in Golden and company to get it done, it'll just take time. IMO 6 or 7 wins should be the expectation in 2012.

If you want to preview the ACC you only need to focus on four teams (FSU, Clemson, VTech, and UVA).

Advertisement
Back