Brandon McGee impressing at the Shrine Bowl

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
From Twitter...

Michael Schottey
‏@Schottey

Brandon
McGee (CB Miami) made a nice highpointing interception and took it back for 6.

Justin Higdon ‏@afc2nfc
WR Rodney Smith made a couple good plays on the ball but couldn't hang on. CB Brandon McGee has shown nice ball skills w/ a couple INTs 2day

Charlie Bernstein ‏@nflcharlie
#FSU- #UM rivalry continues as FSU WR Rodney Smith was jawing with UM DB Brandon McGee after a catch. #ShrineGame

Fran Duffy ‏@fduffyEagles
My guy Brandon McGee with the INT. out worked DC Jefferson for the ball

Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting
Brandon McGee with the interception, covering the slip out TE DC Jefferson, ran it back for a TD. Good day today for the high-upside CB.

Shawn Zobel ‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ
Winners from first two days of Shrine practice: Mike Catapano, Brandon McGee, Keith Pough, Jasper Collins, Zeke Motta, Shamarko Thomas....

Brandon Howard ‏@DashDiallo1
Winners at the East practice....... DBs Branden Smith, Brandon McGee, Josh Johnson and Rod Sweeting.

Advertisement
Kid is a great athlete. If UM had the players to put a real D on the field, I think he would have had a very good season. Not that he was bad...

Advertisement
Kid is a great athlete. If UM had the players to put a real D on the field, I think he would have had a very good season. Not that he was bad...

Only remember him getting burnt to a crisp in the N.C. State game, other than that, he was solid for the entire year and surprisingly physical in run support. Speaks well to Golden and co. development of players.

Here's something from Russ Lande, longtime draftnik:

Players that impressed

1. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami (5106, 195 and 4.58): One of the standout performers this morning, McGee made two outstanding interceptions during today’s practice. Displaying loose hips and quick feet, he was able to flip hips to change directions easily. He consistently was quick reading and reacting to the play, which helped him to break and close fast. On both interceptions his jumping ability, body control and hands showed up as he high pointed the ball and made the interception over a receiver.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tuesday-Mornings-East-West-Practice-Notes.html?sct=hp_t12_a9

Man, it seems like we were all slandering him just yesterday, I'm proud of him, hard work is paying off

And from one of my favorites, Tony Pauline:

Brandon McGee/CB/Miami: McGee's performance can simply be described as 'wow'. He looked terrific in drills then came away with a pair of impressive interceptions during scrimmage. McGee went up and stole the ball away from D.C. Jefferson on one pick, despite giving away six inches to the Rutgers tight end. McGee has been all over draft boards though most teams agree he has the underlying skills to play in the NFL.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...rt-Day-2/3828edca-5180-49c8-8ae0-cbe56dc6769a

Advertisement

Players that impressed

1. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami (5106, 195 and 4.58): One of the standout performers this morning, McGee made two outstanding interceptions during today’s practice. Displaying loose hips and quick feet, he was able to flip hips to change directions easily. He consistently was quick reading and reacting to the play, which helped him to break and close fast. On both interceptions his jumping ability, body control and hands showed up as he high pointed the ball and made the interception over a receiver.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tuesday-Mornings-East-West-Practice-Notes.html?sct=hp_t12_a9

I fully expect him to best that 40 time by quite a bit at the combine, with all the time he will have to prepare. Don't know what surface they were running on, but I would be interested to know other players' times.

Advertisement

Players that impressed

I fully expect him to best that 40 time by quite a bit at the combine, with all the time he will have to prepare. Don't know what surface they were running on, but I would be interested to know other players' times.

sub 4.4...isn't he widely recognized as the fastest player on the team last year?

Players that impressed

4.58? That official? Or are they guessing? Figured MCGee'd be in the 4.4 range at least.

Good for Brandon. I hope he gets picked up early in the draft and has a successful NFL career.

Why do we continue to see this happen?

Guys under performing in college, but they kick *** at the combines and get drafted??

Advertisement
Don't know where the 4.58 is from, but I'm pretty sure they didn't test him there and I suspect he'll be much faster than that at the combine.

Does Coach D get any credit for coaching McGhee up or was it all Golden and Williams doing?

Advertisement
Back