Barry Jackson Behind the Scenes of NCAA Interview

CaneShades

Junior
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...of-former-cane-fins-heat-marlins-chatter.html

Faced with arm-twisting, at least three former Hurricanes football players recently spoke to the NCAA, which has been threatening ex-UM players in an attempt to pursuade them to be interviewed.

So what was that experience like?

For at least one of them, irritating and tiresome.

An attorney who was on the conference call when his client was interviewed by the NCAA gave us a detailed account of the 20-minute conversation. The former NFL player played at UM several years ago.

“The interview was a joke, basically a fishing expedition,” said the attorney, who asked that his name and client not be identified. “They kept asking the same questions over and over. Did you know Nevin Shapiro or [his former agent partner] Michael Huyghue? He said no.

“Then they asked, ‘Did you go to any clubs with Nevin? Did you see Nevin on the sideline during games? Who was he with? Did you receive benefits from agents?’ They couldn’t cite any specific incident, so they asked very general questions.

“After 20 minutes, [the former player] said, ‘Bro, you keep asking the same questions over and over. I don’t know anything.’ He talked to the NCAA only because he was adamant about clearing his name.”

On that call were UM outside council Mike Glazier and three NCAA officials, including assistant director of enforcement Molly Richman, who threatened numerous Hurricanes players in a November letter that stated the NCAA would believe Shapiro’s allegations against them if they did not agree to be interviewed.

Another former UM player admitted to the NCAA that he was on Shapiro’s boat but nothing else. Several players told the NCAA, through attorneys, that they will not speak.

Meanwhile, two attorneys said UM has warned players, by telephone, that they are at risk of being disassociated from UM if they do not cooperate with the investigation. UM said that none of the letters received by former players have come from UM but declined to comment on the matter beyond that.

The NCAA's 2010 sanctions against USC required the Trojans to disassociate themselves from Reggie Bush. Last year, Ohio State disassociated Terrelle Pryor from the university for five years after he refused to cooperate with the NCAA investigation.

Disassociation means cutting off all ties with a player. The player would no longer be allowed on campus, couldn't receive complementary tickets to games or be on the sidelines, and couldn't receive recognition or acknowledgement of any kind from the school.

An attorney representing former UM players said one former Cane, trying to get back to the NFL, spoke to the NCAA because he wants to continue using UM’s training facilities and feared being disassociated if he didn't.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-fins-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
, two attorneys said UM has warned players, by telephone, that they are at risk of being disassociated from UM if they do not cooperate with the investigation. UM said that none of the letters received by former players have come from UM but declined to comment on the matter beyond that."

wtf is this

Ncca is a joke! They are showing more and more that they are having are hard time getting Shpiro story to add up. I guess they for got hes a con-artist.

I'm buying more and more into the fact that these guys really have squat on us and are trying to find someway to justify a two year bowl ban.

Advertisement
I'm buying more and more into the fact that these guys really have squat on us and are trying to find someway to justify a two year bowl ban.
That's what I think too. They can't prove **** and are dragging this out until they can prove something.

They have nothing on our former players. Just a professional liar's word.

Are you kidding me? What were they doing all this time? They have nothing and continue to try and fish around for something. Good lord two years of this nonsense all because one nut mouthed off. You'd think they would have gotten past this stage like a year and a half ago.

If they were disassociated with the university would that mean the consecutive touchdown record by canes player be taken away away to? I sure hope not or maybe i missunderstand the rule

Advertisement
The NCAA is a bull**** organization.

They're clearly trying to find anything to ***** us over.

I'm starting to think they don't have jack **** on us.

No tangible evidence of any wrong doings.

"If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit."

They have NO evidence other than pictures and receipts and that is all circumstantial.

All they have is the minor stuff on Ray Ray, Dye, OV, Jacory, Aldarius and Spence. Stuff that didn't even at up to $3K.

, two attorneys said UM has warned players, by telephone, that they are at risk of being disassociated from UM if they do not cooperate with the investigation. UM said that none of the letters received by former players have come from UM but declined to comment on the matter beyond that."

wtf is this

i understand we're slobbering on the NCAA's balls to be as compliant as possble but this is really a frustrating thing to hear

Advertisement
Only a dumb *** would believe Shapiro... This can't be real...

Molly Richman, who threatened numerous Hurricanes players in a November letter that stated the NCAA would believe Shapiro’s allegations against them if they did not agree to be interviewed.

Advertisement
So the NCAA is wasting all of these resources over a convicted felon who is serving a 20 year prison sentence. Who the fack cares whether or not some football player was on a **** boat 10 years ago????????? Really?????

So the NCAA is wasting all of these resources over a convicted felon who is serving a 20 year prison sentence. Who the fack cares whether or not some football player was on a **** boat 10 years ago????????? Really?????

I can't believe they want to hammer us over a boat ride, and some ******* mixed drinks. **** is so **** minor it's crazy.

Is this the real life? They have nothing, absolutely nothing. And the University has bent over backwards just trying to give them something. At what point do they call it a day?

Prolly busy taking the side money from the SEC so they can keep loading up that conference with players who mostly don't make it at the next level. TRYING to emulate the culture we've created at the U. Too bad it will never be re-created again. OAN: I love that they hold this cloud over us. There is only so long that you can keep this Hurricane program down until we drop college football on its head again.

Clocks tickin...

The U

Advertisement
Back