Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I just hope our secondary gels and a couple of young players develop to be contributors. We should know what we have by midseason. There are very few teams that don't have any weaknesses.

We may be more like the 2023 Washington team. They were 14-1 losing only in the national championship game. They had an elite offense and a mediocre defense.

The UW offense average 36/game (#13) and 462.1 yards/game (#12). Their defense averaged 28.4 points/game (#54) allowed and 406.9 yards/game (#92).

The UW offense averaged 118.5 rushing yards/game (#102) and 343.7 passing yards/game (#2).

The UW defense averaged 148.3 rushing yards/game (#49) and 258.6 passing yards/game (#114).

The difference for UW was their elite passing game. They were just average running the ball. They were average against the run and were terrible against the pass. The just had an elite passing game that just about every team couldn't compete with.

Looking at Miami, we could have an elite offense, but slightly different than UW. A very good passing attack in the top 5-10. Miami averaged 31. points/game (#38), while UW average 36/game (#13). With just 1 more TD per game, Miami would be a top 10 scoring team. That is very realistic with Cam Ward.

Miami will run the ball much better than UW. Miami was ranked #47 (167.6) at rushing yards/game while UW was #102 (118.5). With better QB play and a lighter box, Miami could be a top 20 rushing team. To break into the top 20, Miami would just need to average about 23 more yards/game to break 190/game.

Defensively, Miami had a better scoring defense than UW. The Miami defense averaged 22.77 points/game (#42), while UW gaver up 24.8/game (54).

Miami was far better than UW against the run last year at 111.7/game (#15) and UW 148.3 (#49).

Miami was better against the pass than UW. Miami gave up 223 yards/game (#55) while UW gave up 258.6 (#114). Yes, UW may have faced better competition. However, even Arizona, Washington St., Oregon, Oregon St., and USC were better against the pass.

Miami stacked up against UW in every category except those involving the QB. QB play was really the reason for Miami's 7-6 season. With the best QB in the ACC, a potent offense, a strong front 7, it's fair to say that Miami should be a contender in the ACC even with average secondary play.

If Miami wins the ACC, how far the team goes will largely depends on matchups and the play of Cam Ward.

Few more words I didn't know and some movie references, I would have thought I found @TheOriginalCane burner account

Advertisement
Few more words I didn't know and some movie references, I would have thought I found @TheOriginalCane burner account
Without any footnotes?

JimmyNeutronStandard.gif

Advertisement
If you'd like a good laugh, read ahead.

View attachment 289724
This is amazing. I absolutely love how they crap on Mario every chance they get, just ignoring the fact that he won two pac 10 titles after cleaning up willie taggarts mess. And then they want to act like norvell never called a pass against nc state down by 2 and in field goal range that ended up being picked. Their mythology of norvell being bamas first choice just because they say it’s true is more delusional than UF’s “billy is an elite recruiter” myth

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back