Cormani out at CU

Advertisement
I'm not a hater at all, so call me crazy, but I hope he gets his **** together.

Seen this so many times, it isn't even funny and it usually doesn't work out. Kid is talented at whatever age, balls out on talent alone, everyone from parents to friends and even parents juice him up. Kid thinks he's the best ever doesn't have to work, study, and will absolutely make it. Through their environment, they're never held accountable for anything and make their own rules sort of.

Well, eventually you can't just get by on talent. Even if you could, you're not going to put up with some coach telling you what to do, everyone's told you how great you are, etc

Everyone has failed him to this point. If someone doesn't get through to him and he in turn humbles himself while working harder than he ever has, we know how the story goes.

I won't lose any sleep either way. As I said, I've seen it. He's gotta be awake now, he wasn't before, and it's on him at this point. I just hate talent going to waste and don't wish failure on anyone. No should've or could've, just do it and be about it.
Yeah, I've seen this too. He has been getting by on talent alone and at some level it stops and you have to put in the work. He probably doesn't love the game/grind. My daughter was something like this, She was a great soccer player, was going to be the next great thing, went to Man U soccer academy, played above her level, played on a German boys team same age and was the leading scorer in the league, had the US coaches come out and see her when she was 13, and was in the German soccer pool starting since 6. Everyone wanted her to be great but like the team psychologist told us "she is going to quit by 16 because she doesn't love the game. she gets by on talent and right now that's enough but you need to love the game and the work to get to the next level." Sure enough, she quit by 16.

Advertisement
Back