2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
How long were your basketball practices? This reads like an hour of work before ever getting onto the court.
Our practices (including warmups), were usually anywhere from 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

The 2 mile run, sprinting to the library, running the stairs, pushups and sprinting back down to the gym usually took about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, then practice took up the rest of our time. Our coach wouldn’t allow us to touch a basketball for the first few days of training, he made us do defensive footwork drills. Then after a few days, we would work on running our motion offense and fast break drills.

It shows at least he’s working, no one said he’s trying out for American ninja warrior. Just that we are getting dudes that are putting in work no days off. They not doing dances like Manny practises
This. Everyone speaking on what they had to do or were made to do when they were playing. He’s out on his own working. That’s what the picture was about.

I was made to do things as well, but it’s about what I did on my own. My thoughts on this anyway.

The 2 mile run, sprinting to the library, running the stairs, pushups and sprinting back down to the gym usually took about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, then practice took up the rest of our time. Our coach wouldn’t allow us to touch a basketball for the first few days of training, he made us do defensive footwork drills. Then after a few days, we would work on running our motion offense and fast break drills.
I hope all this ended with some championships.

Advertisement

Nice. I’m confident you guys were in great shape for the 4th quarter. But it takes a high level of effort and dedication to get there.

I love Bliount’s dedication but he’s about to find out there is a whole other level of effort.

Advertisement
Bain set the standard they see him and they follow suit, dude just works and now its contagious. You see dudes like that and then it starts flowing to everyone then the following class sees it and the culture is beginning. Lucky he can work out here cause if he went to FSU he probably would be chasing squirrels.
I’ve been saying this for the last 20 years regarding our S&C

A coach can only do so much. These guys have endless hours away from S&C where they can do whatever they want

Being a beast of a team in the weight room is a culture thing. People **** ride former S&C coaches here those dudes were given complete animals that lived and breathed being great at football

We’ve been recruiting a lot of pussies that play too many video games and don’t hold eachother accountable when it comes to the work needed to be put in away from the training facility

I’ve been saying this for the last 20 years regarding our S&C

A coach can only do so much. These guys have endless hours away from S&C where they can do whatever they want

Being a beast of a team in the weight room is a culture thing. People **** ride former S&C coaches here those dudes were given complete animals that lived and breathed being great at football

We’ve been recruiting a lot of pussies that play too many video games and don’t hold eachother accountable when it comes to the work needed to be put in away from the training facility
Finally someone understands 🙌

Bain set the standard they see him and they follow suit, dude just works and now its contagious. You see dudes like that and then it starts flowing to everyone then the following class sees it and the culture is beginning. Lucky he can work out here cause if he went to FSU he probably would be chasing squirrels.
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back