Tyler Baron DE, J George WR, Xavier WR, and NIL walk into a bar…

Not sure how it will play out. I will say though right now I don’t agree

Mario is good with people and that won’t ever be irrelevant when it comes to recruiting whether it’s high school or mercenaries

Coaching on the field I think Norvell is better though yeah but he was anyway
I stated that while agreeing on bold. It is still a strength.. just not the strength it was. Lane Train was a “terrible” recruiter but kill$ the portal. The chance to get paid AND win is always a good combo.

Advertisement
I stated that while agreeing on bold. It is still a strength.. just not the strength it was. Lane Train was a “terrible” recruiter but kill$ the portal. The chance to get paid AND win is always a good combo.
Feels to me like programs have spent the last two years or so trying to figure out how to build something sustainable while also making sure to address immediate needs. A lot of programs and coaches this board were crowning two years ago flopped this year and vice versa

Whelp Lane Kiffin entered the chat

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Advertisement
The price is the price. Pay it or look for another edge rusher.

Whether he’s worth it or not is a question for the person writing the check.
That's certainly true however my question was more about our willingness to pay the price. I would imagine we made our final offer and it's up to him to take it or leave it.

Eh, most fun to win. Agreed. But as an Orioles fan, it's fun to beat the Yanks with 1/5 the payroll (if that) and a roster of homegrown talent. Hopefully the new owner can keep them.

Right. And to win they went out and traded for Burnes… Baltimore is very good, because they were not very good for a while to accumulate top talent. I doubt the new owner wants to go back to having high draft picks…

Miami didn’t need to finish 12-13 to draft players.. we can win and still get great players because we win…

So let’s win, get better players, win more… Win now more forever…

Advertisement
The emotional attachment comes with the fandom of the school... appreciate the players putting on the uniform and not being tied to coaches or players coming and going...

Some tried to make the portal the devil the last few years because it was not our strength at the time ... I root for the Canes.. not the coaching staff... I'll root for all the elite human being/mercenaries whether they came through the portal or from high school...
One year players year in and year out don’t create any legacy plus don’t increase the fan base. I have no issues with the portal my issue is the availability to transfer every year without penalty. That is what is going to kill CFB!

One year players year in and year out don’t create any legacy plus don’t increase the fan base. I have no issues with the portal my issue is the availability to transfer every year without penalty. That is what is going to kill CFB!

Or it will engage me to still be a Miami fan, but pay deeper attention as I watch games on a national level to appreciate what’s out there…

Being a Yankees fan is awesome in that the team is active all year… offseason, preseason, trade deadline and they play games too…

They don’t always win. They don’t always make smart moves, but they are active.

Hopefully Miami wins games. Cam Ward is fun… portal is fun… More winning. More fun.

When someone raises their offer. He wants major $$.

There are zero pass rushers on the market and he has the hammer. Smartly asking for everything and seeing what he can get.

At this point, he's a mercenary and I don't blame him for it.
If it’s us and ole miss both teams have edge guys and ole miss put a lot of $$$ into the December transfer window I doubt the money moves he needs a 3rd team

If it’s us and ole miss both teams have edge guys and ole miss put a lot of $$$ into the December transfer window I doubt the money moves he needs a 3rd team
Always a possibility when you’re pushing the line. Could end up without a chair when the music stops.

I imagine he has representation. He will get paid.

Advertisement
That's certainly true however my question was more about our willingness to pay the price. I would imagine we made our final offer and it's up to him to take it or leave it.
Full disclosure: I don’t know the answer to this one.

Originally, I was told they wanted to check his shoulder. Once that was acceptable, I was told they want him badly.

But that isn’t from Mario, and no one told me they’ve made their final offer.

Also, to add to that, I had a support person tell me they made their final offer to Ward and were unhappy with the games. In the end, they adapted their offer and are now glad they did, so these things are always variable. Today’s final offer could be tomorrow’s adaptation.

That’s the new game. You’ll need to basically re-recruit and fill in your roster every year. Which raises the point, can we sign Bain and stud recruits to multi-year NIL deals or are these all 1yr agreements?

Advertisement
That’s the new game. You’ll need to basically re-recruit and fill in your roster every year. Which raises the point, can we sign Bain and stud recruits to multi-year NIL deals or are these all 1yr agreements?
Yesterday's price isn't today's price, they are deals not multi year contracts that can't be broken.

Originally, I was told they wanted to check his shoulder. Once that was acceptable, I was told they want him badly.

Also, to add to that, I had a support person tell me they made their final offer to Ward and were unhappy with the games. In the end, they adapted their offer and are now glad they did, so these things are always variable. Today’s final offer could be tomorrow’s adaptation.
Yea you amend your "final offer" for Ward if you can. I don't know if you do for this guy.

Thanks Lance.

Advertisement
Back