Tyler Baron DE, J George WR, Xavier WR, and NIL walk into a bar…

Advertisement
If that's the new normal of CFB I'm not gonna care tbh. The standard can't be portal good for everyone else yet our portal guys get the mercenary tag. And until proven otherwise on the field Reuben Bain, a hs recruit is our best player IMO.
I laugh at the mercenary tag as if it really matters...Just create a team that wins football games...

Agree that Bain is phenomenal...

Advertisement
He is asking for more NIL than most schools he visited are willing to pay. He will have to come down some and hope a school meets him halfway to get a commitment.
He might find out how cruel the market can be.

Who is a "must get" DB name still available?

He might find out how cruel the market can be.

Who is a "must get" DB name still available?
I mean I wouldn’t describe them as must get but if we’re looking for a nickel then UW Davon Banks and USC Ceyair Wright played a ton at their last schools. I know Banks didn’t play much due to injury as well.

Advertisement
shame we couldn't stock our pond with the slot corner
 shore up our secondary. i see u
@flips

Cbs Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

@JHallCanes Some dudes have no respect

CFB is a full mercenary game at this point. At this point difficult to have any emotional attachment. The unrestricted portal damaged college athletics.
The emotional attachment comes with the fandom of the school... appreciate the players putting on the uniform and not being tied to coaches or players coming and going...

Some tried to make the portal the devil the last few years because it was not our strength at the time ... I root for the Canes.. not the coaching staff... I'll root for all the elite human being/mercenaries whether they came through the portal or from high school...

The emotional attachment comes with the fandom of the school... appreciate the players putting on the uniform and not being tied to coaches or players coming and going...

Some tried to make the portal the devil the last few years because it was not our strength at the time ... I root for the Canes.. not the coaching staff... I'll root for all the elite human being/mercenaries whether they came through the portal or from high school...
I changed my tune pretty quickly watching it play out

In theory it makes sense. Build through recruiting and fill needs through the portal just like any professional organization (draft vs free agency)

But then seeing these high school kids commanding mega money and then jumping ship anyway it’s like well what’s the point?

There’s a mix in there somewhere but to draw a line in the sand with either makes no sense

Advertisement

In theory it makes sense. Build through recruiting and fill needs through the portal just like any professional organization (draft vs free agency)

But then seeing these high school kids commanding mega money and then jumping ship anyway it’s like well what’s the point?

There’s a mix in there somewhere but to draw a line in the sand with either makes no sense

I think that’s right… It’s nice to see guys like Aaron Judge and Anthony Volpe but if you think I’m not excited to have Cole and Soto on the Yankees and you’re ******* nuts…

I think that’s right… It’s nice to see guys like Aaron Judge and Anthony Volpe but if you think I’m not excited to have Cole and Soto on the Yankees and you’re ******* nuts…
I’ll say all things considered I feel good about how I’ve seen us approach this. It’s been a learning process for everyone.

But it’s gotta manifest on the field now no other way around it

I’ll say all things considered I feel good about how I’ve seen us approach this. It’s been a learning process for everyone.

But it’s gotta manifest on the field now no other way around it

Absolutely. Need to win.

Like most things when posters take an ultrapolaring point of view it gets fairly absurd. Some were dead set against the portal saying outlandish things because FSU was using it well and Mario’s traditional model was high school. Things change. We changed. And now it’s still JUST WIN!

Advertisement

Almost makes Mario irrelevant with our resources, location & history. Is Mike Norvell the better coach with the change in CFB? 🤮 He might just be.

Almost makes Mario irrelevant with our resources, location & history. Is Mike Norvell the better coach with the change in CFB? 🤮 He might just be.
Not sure how it will play out. I will say though right now I don’t agree

Mario is good with people and that won’t ever be irrelevant when it comes to recruiting whether it’s high school or mercenaries

Coaching on the field I think Norvell is better though yeah but he was anyway

Eh, most fun to win. Agreed. But as an Orioles fan, it's fun to beat the Yanks with 1/5 the payroll (if that) and a roster of homegrown talent. Hopefully the new owner can keep them.

Advertisement
Back