Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/issiah-walker-in-transfer-portal.160556/post-4670550

It's an unfortunate situation with Walker. Anyone with honesty would acknowledge that there are substantial mental health challenges here.

I definitely felt that Walker had a better shot at attaining stability and productivity being surrounded by his family in SoFla. I thought that enough people had enough time to evaluate what needed to be done and could accomplish success. I underestimated how severe his issues were, and I am saddened to see that Walker and his family have pursued scholarship after scholarship at schools that are FAR away from his support system.

Advertisement
I haven’t been checking in this thread for a bit. Is Sampson still a lock to transfer out and are we going to have to sign an FCS defensive tackle because Barrow is locked to LSU?
IMG_4757.jpeg

Advertisement
You know that we agree on many things, so just out of curiosity, I will ask why it is necessary to admit that the Gators got a good pick up here?

I can admit that that they got a wide receiver who has had great production but who also had a serious back injury. I do not know if it will turn out great or terribly for the Gators. What I DO suspect, however, is that if a lot of other WR-needy schools did not pursue a guy with OBVIOUS productivity, might it be possible that the Gators are rolling the dice just as hard as they are doing with Cormani McClain?

Clearly I do not want the Gators to succeed. I don't believe Slingblade Billy will survive 2024. Maybe Badger will become the #2 WR that The Gator needs. But it's risky, and to make the immediate argument that "Badger > Brown" is, I believe, a misguided idea of what is really going on here.

That is all.
First of all, let me start off by saying this because maybe my initial post came off as a little to gator friendly...

**** the Gators, I absolutely hate them and hope they go 0-12.

Also, I didn't say Badger was better than Brown. I objectively believe the opposite, Sam Brown is undeniably an NFL caliber WR and better than Badger. I was on of his biggest supporters here when his name surfaced and ppl thought he wasn't a take. I was just using Brown as an example to not downplay a WR just bc they only had 3 tds.

Now, to the substance of my post. In GENERAL, this doesn't apply only to the Gators, I feel like this board downplays players that go to rival schools and same applies to kids that would decommit from here. Like sort of a defense mechanism.

That was in response to the 3 td comment. Now of someone wants to argue his injury history, I'm listening. I don't think Badger is a high round WR that will save their season, but adding him certainly improves their team. I'm not gonna downplay it, solid move by them.

We should still beat their *** come week 1.

Badger had a back injury. That's the only reason that should give anyone pause from saying it was a good pickup.

If he is back to form, then Lagway will have a target.

First of all, let me start off by saying this because maybe my initial post came off as a little to gator friendly...

**** the Gators, I absolutely hate them and hope they go 0-12.

Also, I didn't say Badger was better than Brown. I objectively believe the opposite, Sam Brown is undeniably an NFL caliber WR and better than Badger. I was on of his biggest supporters here when his name surfaced and ppl thought he wasn't a take. I was just using Brown as an example to not downplay a WR just bc they only had 3 tds.

Now, to the substance of my post. In GENERAL, this doesn't apply only to the Gators, I feel like this board downplays players that go to rival schools and same applies to kids that would decommit from here. Like sort of a defense mechanism.

That was in response to the 3 td comment. Now of someone wants to argue his injury history, I'm listening. I don't think Badger is a high round WR that will save their season, but adding him certainly improves their team. I'm not gonna downplay it, solid move by them.

We should still beat their *** come week 1.

Fantastic answer, sir.

I'll just say this, if I tend to downplay when The Gator or the SemenHoles get a recruit, it's more about rebutting the FAN HYPE than it is critiquing the underlying talent of the player. We tend to recruit in the same circles, so I'm always amused when they act like they beat us for the better players.

Badger's a good one if he is all healed up.

Advertisement
Dabo is likely way out of step, but credit to him for doing is own thing. Maybe there is something to recruiting players to a system, trusting evaluations, developing them & paying them to stay. Will be fun seeing this play out.

He's earned the right to take this direction, but it may be the time for them to separate anyway.

Fantastic answer, sir.

I'll just say this, if I tend to downplay when The Gator or the SemenHoles get a recruit, it's more about rebutting the FAN HYPE than it is critiquing the underlying talent of the player. We tend to recruit in the same circles, so I'm always amused when they act like they beat us for the better players.

Badger's a good one if he is all healed up.
Great minds. The issue is the nature of the injury. Backs are tricky. I know, I've been suffering for 24 years. That said, he has a good record, but there's a reason other teams passed on him. Just like Cormani, Napier figures he he has nothing to lose.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn’t someone say he had grade issues or something? Maybe classes transferring so who **** knows what’s going on with him.

Advertisement
Back