2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

His Dad just recently said playing close to home will be a factor in DJ's commitment.

He said it to Wiltfong in his most recent On3 article.

Excerpts:

Zephyrhills (Fla.) High five-star plus cornerback DJ Pickett and his family made it back to Florida on Friday to spend more time with head coach Billy Napier, defensive backs coach Will Harris and the Gators program.

- "We have seen Florida a few times,” Pickett’s father Damien said. “The trip was to allow Coach Harris to speak with DJ more in-depth."

- "Big takeaways was Coach Napier knows people are waiting to see how Florida does this year.”

- "Coach Harris is a hands on coach,” Damien said. “And the guys seem to buy into everything he is telling them.”

- "Play close to home,” Damien recapped from the discussion with Napier. “So your entire family can see you play multiple games a year.”

- The Pickett family knows they’ll be back in Gainesville on Aug. 31 for the game against Miami. That will be an unofficial visit.
I'll say DJ's father has a great first name

Advertisement
I'll say DJ's father has a great first name
Over It Eye Roll GIF

UGA & LSU have been the biggest comp for us in this recruitment.

I've been the most worried about LSU, because Corey Raymond is really difficult to beat & it appeared early on that LSU was offering a lot of money. But in light of recent events, it seems like Brian Kelly might not have the blank checks he thought he had.

I'm not worried about UF at all. If we lose a recruiting battle for a DB to UF, then we simply didn't deserve him. We have way too much stacked in our favor to have a real battle with UF for a prospect like DJ. Especially, with the Booker Jr factor playing in.

As long as we can keep him away from LSU & UGA, I think we score big on this one.
LSU I heard about but I have UGA yet but dam Raymond back in the bayou gonna be a battle battle. But wins on the field and defense showing up big will be huge also I believe

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back