2025 Dakorien Moore 5* WR/ATH from Duncanville, TX

San Antonio is growing quickly… that whole corridor up to Austin is the next big metroplex like Dallas-Ftworth…

Tons of influx into the area including cali transplants so I wouldn’t be shocked to see more quality to come out of the area
We bought up a bunch of **** outside of Dallas when Disney announced the universal going up out there. It was a mixture of common sense with that and then I hate to admit it, but I have a lot of people with the cowgirls and I knew about where they wanted to build all the new facilities and everything. So we just went and bought EXACTLY where Jerry wanted. Lmfao. **** them cowgirls. But we looked into San Antonio and more of Frisco as well.

Advertisement
That kid we were after last cycle the DE Collin Simmons, went to the same school and signed with Texas. Duncanville.

I find it funny that people be tagging Miami about spending on NIL when Texas has been $h!tty for years as well and been going ham spending but no one be like, dam Texas buying everyone, when they went 5-7 first year under Sark. Fact is u either spend like the ones winning or complain about it.

That kid we were after last cycle the DE Collin Simmons, went to the same school and signed with Texas. Duncanville.

I find it funny that people be tagging Miami about spending on NIL when Texas has been $h!tty for years as well and been going ham spending but no one be like, dam Texas buying everyone, when they went 5-7 first year under Sark. Fact is u either spend like the ones winning or complain about it.
Aggies are another one…

This is true. They don’t say **** when Texas do it because… well Texas is supposed to be good, they are a traditional power, got oil money behind them, and now … $EC. Whereas these numb nuts think, Miami is not supposed to be good (not a traditional power, no on campus stadium, no facilities 🤣😂🤣, a “hood school” 🤣😂😂), our money is apparently coming in from the illegal drug trade, shifty con men, and we’re riding in on a sinking ship that is the ACC. So it’s not thought of to be on the same level. The gate is still real. The thought is that we gotta “cheat” to win. They are just being Texas.

Advertisement
The demographics are a bit different though. A lot of Texas' growing population comes from a demo that just doesnt produce very many D1 or NFL players.
Talk To Me GIF by A24

You said better Football players come from Florida, but better Football is played in Texas & I said that's simply not true.

Meaning, there's no way to actually value judge the quality of Football player coming from either region, it's a case by case basis & it's strictly depending on what criteria you choose to use.

- Are you judging by NFL or College?
- Is it based on productivity of each player per position?
- Is it simply amount of players drafted from one region or State?
- Are you going by accolades?

What's your criteria to say one state produces better players?

I've never said that Texas has better players than Florida (except at QB its not even debatable); but what I've been screaming about for the last 7 years is that completely ignoring a state that has as much talent as TX is extremely stupid, mainly because literally every single conference & playoff contending team in the country recruits TX, literally all of them.

There aren't any teams who homogeneously recruit just their own State & have success. National recruiting is how you win Championships & this line of thinking that we should sign 25 kids from FL every year & call it a day is just foolish. The staff doesn't obviously feel that way, so that's a great thing, they've done a very good job recruiting Nationally.

It's simply a matter of adjusting their focus to another region the same way they're currently doing for Alabama, Georgia & the Midwest. If we can put effort & resources into recruiting kids from Illinois, Kentucky & Indiana, we can do the same for TX.
I was never trying to say we don’t need to be recruiting Texas. We absolutely need to be pulling players in from Texas. But I will stand by my opinion that Florida still has better football players.

Should we recruit only Florida kids? Absolutely not but we need to do a better job keeping the better players home.

I was never trying to say we don’t need to be recruiting Texas. We absolutely need to be pulling players in from Texas. But I will stand by my opinion that Florida still has better football players.

Should we recruit only Florida kids? Absolutely not but we need to do a better job keeping the better players home.
Based on what criteria?

Advertisement
You said better Football players come from Florida, but better Football is played in Texas & I said that's simply not true.

Meaning, there's no way to actually value judge the quality of Football player coming from either region, it's a case by case basis & it's strictly depending on what criteria you choose to use.

- Are you judging by NFL or College?
- Is it based on productivity of each player per position?
- Is it simply amount of players drafted from one region or State?
- Are you going by accolades?

What's your criteria to say one state produces better players?

I've never said that Texas has better players than Florida (except at QB its not even debatable); but what I've been screaming about for the last 7 years is that completely ignoring a state that has as much talent as TX is extremely stupid, mainly because literally every single conference & playoff contending team in the country recruits TX, literally all of them.

There aren't any teams who homogeneously recruit just their own State & have success. National recruiting is how you win Championships & this line of thinking that we should sign 25 kids from FL every year & call it a day is just foolish. The staff doesn't obviously feel that way, so that's a great thing, they've done a very good job recruiting Nationally.

It's simply a matter of adjusting their focus to another region the same way they're currently doing for Alabama, Georgia & the Midwest. If we can put effort & resources into recruiting kids from Illinois, Kentucky & Indiana, we can do the same for TX.
I'd imagine you understand better than most exactly what went into those decisions throughout the years. While it's all explained off as budgetary elements that kept us from recruiting nationally what it really came down to was two things. (I had this conversation with cmr and Mandy one day and their views were night and day)#1 Complacency. #2 lack of confidence. It was viewed as if we stick to Florida we had a higher likelihood of a commitment because the kid was more likely to have had a good level of exposure to the program. Reality was for higher tier kids, exposure to the program at that time wasn't necessarily a positive. If you didn't have coaches confident enough in selling your vision to ANYONE what would make you think those kids would have confidence in you yourself. I still remember to this day sitting down with Mandy & the bartender & Mike and discussing keele Ringo and Elias rix. I put them on the phone with them & Mandy literally wanted them (the #1 and #2 cbs in the country who had an interest in coming in together)to sell themselves on why we should offer them. They wanted them to justify how we could put the expense of recruiting them into our budget! A kid from Cali and a kid from Arizona (it's a huge budgetary commitment) **** outta here! That phone call ended with neither having an offer and both being told we'd get out to sit down with them face to face ASAP. The craziest **** to it was we were already recruiting dudes from Arizona and kids from Cali... It took me talking Mike into taking a unapproved stop when he got off his flight in Arizona (to see I think it was joey porters kid maybe, all I remember is the other dude was going to a juco) and taking a side trip to see keele cause he was 30 minutes away from the airport. Literally the kids room and his a.d office was nothing but canes memorabilia. They loved um and Mandy and the bartender still refused to give him an offer. Took another 7 months to even get us to communicate with Elias. All that was said to show how dysfunctionaly we would approach national kids. Now we're having to lay pipe (pause)yet again to establish the brand. But Mario's doing it.

Advertisement
Back