2021 DB Omarion Cooper [to enter Portal]

I know we are looking to add 1 more DB who excels in man coverage. I also know Lance Guidry likes DBs who show positional versatility. From what I understand we won't take just anyone so it needs to be the right guy. Well, Mr. Right is in the portal and his name is Omarion Cooper.

Back in 2021 we made a colossal error in not recruiting Cooper. Now we have a tremendous opportunity to redeem ourselves by plugging another hole (pause) in the secondary and truly set ourselves up the best we can for 2024.

Advertisement
I know we are looking to add 1 more DB who excels in man coverage. I also know Lance Guidry likes DBs who show positional versatility. From what I understand we won't take just anyone so it needs to be the right guy. Well, Mr. Right is in the portal and his name is Omarion Cooper.

Back in 2021 we made a colossal error in not recruiting Cooper. Now we have a tremendous opportunity to redeem ourselves by plugging another hole (pause) in the secondary and truly set ourselves up the best we can for 2024.
Why? Has he balled out in college? I’m not being sarcastic, I just know he seemed to get passed up at FSU and now he’s portaling again.

Why? Has he balled out in college? I’m not being sarcastic, I just know he seemed to get passed up at FSU and now he’s portaling again.
You may be right. I think I got a bit overzealous based on Memnons initial enthusiasm about him. His college resume is uneven and there are questions to be answered. He has been a good player and his freshman year at FSU was very promising. What has happened since then is a mystery to me.

@Canesfreak

I think with Cooper and this is just an educated guess here but I think that the more he played in college the more his coaches saw that he would be best served by a move to Safety. It happens. It seems to me that Cooper was still intent on being a CB and transferred to Colorado hoping that a CB guru like Sanders would develop him more at CB. When the Coaching staff came to the same conclusion as the FSU staff, Cooper just didn't want to hear it and jumped in the portal again.

I was thinking that since Guidry needs certain hybrid players for his scheme that maybe a kid like Cooper could fit very well as the Star/Nickel in our defense thus moving Powell to Safety. That was my thought process here. I just expressed it in a very over the top way lol.

Advertisement
Guessing the staff didn't think so. Passed on him multiple times in the portal and also in HS. May be a CIS favorite but multiple staffs and secondary coaches weren't interested in recruiting him.

I wonder if he left off the second "t" in committe as a show of solidarity with the morons who signed off on "OFFCIAL OFFER"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back